Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Burning advice required

Options
  • 15-10-2003 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I've just used interVideo DVD Copy to create a copy of a DVD on to a DVD-R disk. I use a Sony External DRX-510UL DVD writer to create the copy.

My problem is that I can only play the movie on the Sony DVD writer after I've recorded it. The disk doesn't seem to be readable on my DVD-Rom on my laptop, nor my DVD-Player.

Does anyone know how to rectify this problem or do I need to use a different burning software? I really want to be able to record movies and play them on a standalone player. My Sony DVD writer supports all formats as far as I know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Two things here :

1. Could be the type of disc you are using that's not compatible with your standalone , try and test it with a few other player. If it plays in some others then it is down to disc/player compatiblity. Either change the type of disc or change the player.

2. Now i only read about this just the other night that some sony dvd writers cannot do movie copies. This is something that Sony apparently did deliberately , this could be just a silly rumour and no doubt i could be stand to be corrected on this.

The fact that you can read it only on your writer may or may not confirm this fact . Plus this rules out the software factor.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Check what format your player supports here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I checked that my DVD Recorder is one of the few that supports all current formats. See:

http://www.storagebysony.com/cd-rw/product.asp?id=206

The blank DVD-Media I am using is DVD-R (maybe that's the reason?)

Has anyone burned on a DVD-R disc and managed to play it on a standalone player?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

It might also be the brand of media that your using. Check out the Blank Media discussion here .

In terms of software, I have tried out CloneDVD and AnyDVD combination, and found it to be incredibly simple and quick to use. (38 minutes start to finish). Here's a link to a guide.

Ro

After creating a copy of a DVD, were you able to play it on a standalone player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Try another burn but this time use dvd decryptor ro rip the film. DVD2one to encode the film (shrink it down) and Nero to burn the final disc.

If you can get your hands on a DVD-5 DVD (single layered DVD) DVDdecrytor will rip and burn the disc for you.

Thanks for everyone's help. The problem I had appears to be with the Intervideo DVD burning software. I switched to CloneDVD and everything worked a treat!

Advertisement