Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alpay

• 15-10-2003 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Would the english media and football fans ever give Alpay a break. So he taunted their precious david beckham. so what! their doesnt seem to be any uproar regarding the racist taunts made by one of the members of the turkish coaching staff in the tunnel at half time.

If you ask me the england fans are taking their rivalry with turkey too far. The threats made by england fans and fans of alfies own club alike are a disgrace and they make me feel ashamed to be an aston villa fan. what sort of confidence to we hope to bring to our clubs prepartion for the derby next week.

we didnt hear any complaints regarding the leeds players accusation of violent sexual assault. or of The 7 premiership players who are being charged for a similar offence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I don't know I think he's gone a step too far here, there was no need to shout at Beckham or push his finger in his face.

Alpay was stupid and think we should sell him at the first moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

The tabloids have typically gone over board on the Alpay issue - we saw far worse between Araenal and Man Utd, and even most of that was handbags. Interesting articel on football365 yesterday asked why is Alapy been vilified so much for needling beckham, when Rooney apparently threw a dig in the tunnell and is a hero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah - i used to like Alpay and I felt sorry for him with all that went on with Graham Taylor.....

His actions since the start of the season have made me change my opinion. I think he was a disgrace at the game on saturday, there was no need for what he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Interesting articel on football365 yesterday asked why is Alapy been vilified so much for needling beckham, when Rooney apparently threw a dig in the tunnell and is a hero?

Cole Campbell and Heskey are also in trouble for the Tunnel incident.

Alpays actions were similar to what we saw at Old Trafford and I hope FIFA will take actions to stamp this out of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    their doesnt seem to be any uproar regarding the racist taunts made by one of the members of the turkish coaching staff in the tunnel at half time.

I was chatting to someone in the work about that was my theory of what happened, i had no idea it had been confirmed as that.

Is that what was confirmed what happened?

I was almost sure on it and it was only when i brought it up to a few people in work did they catch on that maybe i was right as the turkish fans have been known for racism (bananas on the pitch etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I think Alpay is going to be scapegoated for all the furore surrounding the match.What he did was stupid but in some ways I'd like to have seen some of that kind of passion in the Irish players.The tabloids in England will try to hound him out but I think O'Leary showed some maturity in his reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

>I think O'Leary showed some maturity in his reaction.

I don't. I think the derby cauldron would have been a good make or break for Alpay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Bateman
    I don't. I think the derby cauldron would have been a good make or break for Alpay.

Putting him into that atmosphere after what has happened would have been foolish. David O'Leary made the correct decision.

Advertisement