Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect a laptop (domain) to pc (workgroup)

• 15-10-2003 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a laptop that I use for work, is connected to a domain, at home I have a PC win 2k this only connect to a Workgroup (1 PC only).

I have setup a small Wireless network betwen the PC and laptop that share a Cable internet connection via a router with no problems.

If in the PC I go to Start - Run and type the laptop name \\nava I get asked for an Id and pasword, this works and I can logon and can see the share files on the laptop

The problem is with the laptop I logon with my own ID that has Administor access to I do not have the Administrator password, if I type the pc's name \\nava2 after a few seconds I get an error mesage.
    If I go to search for the PC and can see it but cannot open it, get error mesag, If I go to My network places in the laptop and Microsoft Windows Network I can again see the PC Nava2 but cannot open it.

Any sugestions on how can I setup the laptop to connect to the PC so I can use the printer and see folders in the PC that I'm sharing, in work other user can see my Laptop and can see my shared files

Thanks
    Nava

Advertisement