Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM testing NOW on 97.3. Reception Reports Please.

Options
  • 15-10-2003 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We are finally conducting engineering test transmissions in preperation for the commencement of live Phantom programming on Friday night at Midnight.

The frequency is 97.3Mhz FM.

Please tune in if you can and let us know how well you are hearing us. A 2 minute test loop is currently being broadcast. You can leave reception reports here or email them to engineering@phantomfm.com

Alternatively you can text us at 087 619 5171.

Thank you kindly.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

ah, that was nice timing.

yeah im grand. i never thought id be so glad to hear Sinister's voice. :p

im in Tallaght by the way. as long as im covered, others dont matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

perfect in harold's cross

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

The reception is crystal clear in Baldoyle on the Northside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

Perfect in the city centre! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Drove from Crumlin Cross to UCD via Terenure.

Crystal all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Perfect all the way from Ballinteer to town on 14 bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

perfect out in Portmarnock ..

woohoo!

DMC who is at home in Co Meath has asked me to inform you that he is receiving you loud and clear in Kells and that the signal reaches up to the Cavan Border and the signal is good around Moynalty!

/meanwhile in arklow co wicklow on 97.3 loud and clear is CKR fm currently playing Daniel O' donnell Grrrr!!! :mad: :eek: :(

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 muff

loud and clear in blanchardstown!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Thanks Man, :D

Further to my earlier reception report, the signal the whole way from Kells to Dublin, up the N3 is good/useable. Occasional flakes of CKR can interfere with the signal, i.e at the bottom of some hills, but on the whole, looks like a good robust signal for most of the North East!

Just so you have an idea, 98FM's most northern boundary would be around Lavey on the N3, about 10 miles south of Cavan town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

crystal clear out in ashbourne..

Well listening on my way home from Dublin yesterday south bound on the N11 towards wexford, I discovered that phantom 97.3 signal breaks up and dissapears just before the sugarloaf and before the Glen of the downs, thats less than 20 miles out of Dublin.

Wicklow mts :(
    Out of curiosity where is the tx located ? (general area not exact location )

98fm for instance gets all the way down to Arklow, obviously much more power though and coming from three Rock which has some height.

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

your pretty clear in blackrock area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

crystal in cabinteely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

On a Drive to waterFord, I had reception all the way to the turn off for Athgoe on the N7 I was pretty impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Sparkling in Kilmainham

Advertisement