Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addicted To Boards

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yes. very good. you have excellent "checking an image's filename" skills.... but I'm afraid that isnt good enough.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

If I knew a way to post this anonomously I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Chitty chitty bang bang? Going by the childcatcher thing cus i dont recognise the picture really.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

The childcatcher image is actually very appropriate given the (apparent) age of many posters. Will all these youngsters degenerate into terminal Boards addicts I wonder? I only discovered forums in my dotage so I have only myself to blame but I fear for the youth (well not really).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by DeVore
    yes. very good. you have excellent "checking an image's filename" skills.... but I'm afraid that isnt good enough.

DeV.

DeV I'll have you know I did'nt even think to check the image filename! (I know a child catcher when I see one!)

The costumes look mittle european circa 18th century so if its not Chitty Chitty Bang Bang then maybe its a Brothers Grimm adaption...?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well when i post, ive got to check for replies... which often means missing supervised study =/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I remember seeing the movie more than once, but for the life of me I can't remember the name
    what is it Dev?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its Chitty Chitty...

http://www.abc.net.au/dimensions/dimensions_in_time/Transcripts/Image_of_S_m486569.jpg

Actor Robert Helpmann, who was a top level dancer as well as ocassional film actor.

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Mad Mike
    The childcatcher image is actually very appropriate given the (apparent) age of many posters. Will all these youngsters degenerate into terminal Boards addicts I wonder? I only discovered forums in my dotage so I have only myself to blame but I fear for the youth (well not really).

Heheh, welcome to boards!

You'd be surprised too, the people who post the most childish things have turned out to be editors, accountants and middle aged professionals!

Then you find out that the person you have been discussing the finer points of the moral implications of EU enlargement with is actually 15!

DeV.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I used to consider my self addicted to boards, but then i discovered irc and i kinda got addictid to that but then i left college, and my addiction went out the fecking window.

So al in all i think i just browsed boards when i had nothing better to do, now i visit about one a day, maybe skip a day here of there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

whatever Mr passive aggressive

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

rolleyes.gif

Advertisement