Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ehhh wow

Options
  • 05-08-1999 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

lads.. http://www.riva3d.com/x/
    holy **** that game looks awesome.. and if its half as good as Frontier: Elite 2 (the best space thingy so far) its gonna rock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Screenshots are deadly, but i only got
    xwing alliance yesterday smile.gif And i#'m suckered into it, bring your joystick kali and i'll make you eat laser at fti smile.gif
    Quozl
    everyone bring your joysticks, I want a 8 player xwing-tie dogfight <muhahhaha>

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

bah, privateer 2 was better than elite 2
    faster and better and a story line and christopher walkin to boot.
    elite2...hahahha. peasent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

privateer 2 was a tad bit limited tho..
    not nearly the 1,000,000+ worlds that frontier had wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is a game coming out called "Freespacer" which is supposed to be like Elite type game style, only online only and each person has thier own ship.

Of course I can see 90% of the net players just playing pirates and raping any ship that thinks its got some kind of fair system of playing (I've played UO, I've seen the dream world some of these people live in smile.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

X-Wing huh.
    quozl, ur going down.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

There's a demo of X on this month's PC Gamer.
    I haven't got a chance to check it out properly but it looks ok. I don't think its the next Elite though. Might give it another look later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

downloaded it today frmo gamecenter..
    have yet to try it.
    cant wait though.. it'll work on any 3d accelerator card as well.. none of this need several hundred million drivers crap smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Frontier was complete claptrap. So buggy that it set a new record at the time smile.gif plus the first patch they put out fu<ked the rest of it up.

Best bit was checking the readme.txt file and discovering they'd left the Designers Notes in, like 5) the 'Super Alien Race' - hype this up in interviews etc. but note that it does not in fact exsist in the game smile.gif

Frontier was the bees knees... where else are you going to see a game of that level of complexity to fit on one floppy disk?

And there was a race in it and aliens... hey I just liked the game right no dissing it tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

On the subject of spage games....
    Descent: Freespace is pretty good multiplayer....might give that a bash at FTI.

Also, in Frontier: Elite 2, anyone else get a hyperdrive malfunction that warped you out of known space? I couldn't find myself on the starmap at all. Stopped playing it after that sad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

They also left a load of source code in teh swap file that came with the game. One of the undocumented features of the patch was to overwrite theis file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

And it wasn't half as good as orginal Elite anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

BBC or PC version?

Hee hee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

gah one of em was released FULL of bugs
    wasnt it elite2?

but i do confess never playing the first :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

no, youre just one of those itchy and scratchy anoraks from that simpsons episode smile.gif

in episode 3 series 2 of itchy and scratchy...:p

Are we talking about Elite2 or Final Frontier (which was elite3 or 4).

Hyperspace malfunction was intentional, it gets you to meet the thargons, providing you have enough fuel you can jump to another system once your hyperdrive auto-repairs (unless in Final Frontier your hyperdrive explodes and becomes a couple hundred tons of junk).

Am I the only one who played these games to death? FFrontier was class, I loved the military missions where you had to spy on planets then nuke em. Then getting picked up by the thargoid mothership.. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That X game looks way cool and then some,i must have played the demo for 2 hours! Any one have a release date for it?

Speaking of space shooters,what about I-War(amazing gfx even without a 3d card and cool story to boot)and conflict freespace(cool 3d card required gfx and good story)

Advertisement