Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most addictive Game!

• 16-10-2003 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Check out this helicopter game from ugotgames.com
    http://www.ugotgames.com/helicopter.htm

My god it's addictive. Someone showed me this game a while back, now the whole bloody college is playing it!! Have a go at it. I hated it at first, but i can't stop playing it now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I'd say tetris is more addictive. What games have people found most addictive, as in hardest to pull themselves away from, and just have to keep going back for more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

when tetris came out on the game boy i couldn't keep my hands off of it. the only reason i bought one of those was for tetris. it rocked. i had to keep beating my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tetrinet tbh:ninja:

pokemon ruby is one addictive bastard of a game too, stuck on it now & i can't be arsed going back to level up tho:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Championship Manager is an extremely addictive game once you get into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

The Sims...that is very addictive!!! I used to stay up all hours playing it when I got it at first and didn't use the cheats!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

game i put most hours into was probably goldeneye.

man with the golden gun on archives was my personal vice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Civilisation 2 & Sim City 2000 were real time killers for me. They're both slow moving & addictive.. Diablo 2 was a long one until Dungeon Siege took over. Then there was Half Life.. so many hours... Really if a game is fun and has a lot of hours play you will get addicted, but when you either win, or cant improve anymore that addiction usually evaporates...

ooh and dont forget Medieval Total War.. takes FOREVER..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

EvE, Planetside, Half-Life + the original mods (Team Fortress Classic!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Everquest, me never played it but knew a relative u was hooked and hadnt been outside for months, sad :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

Half-life and about 50 mods for 3 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Everquest, me never played it but knew a relative u was hooked and hadnt been outside for months, sad :/

I know a number of addicts, and from their experiences I stay far away from it. I know I'd get hooked and end up spending 6 months making boxes and marrying a fat Canadian man calling himself "Llanyyethyl".

Personally, Civ3 scares me. I keep it on a seperate, disconnected harddrive so I can't play it. At one stage I was calling in sick to play it after starting one evening and playing all night. It's not just that it's a great game it's that you spend some time moving armies and stuff around, and forget to save, and then the enemy nations do all sorts of moves and take my cities and stuff and when it's eventually my turn I gets the rage and forget to save again. "I'll just take this continent and then go to bed" is something I frequently lie to myself while playing.

Man, I'm getting twitches just thinking about it.
    /me slaps self. No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Counterstrike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

KOTOR for me atm, just do
    one
    more
    thing..

Marrowind. Ive wasted the past two months playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

CM4 Rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by robo
    The Sims...that is very addictive!!! I used to stay up all hours playing it when I got it at first and didn't use the cheats!!!

Have to agree, I still play sims on a regular basis and I still can't figure out what it is that attracts me to it. Sims 2 is due out next year and I will be definitly buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Originally posted by jongore
    Have to agree, I still play sims on a regular basis and I still can't figure out what it is that attracts me to it. Sims 2 is due out next year and I will be definitly buying it.

So what is that going to be like?? Sims 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by amp
    Personally, Civ3 scares me. I keep it on a seperate, disconnected harddrive so I can't play it. At one stage I was calling in sick to play it after starting one evening and playing all night. It's not just that it's a great game it's that you spend some time moving armies and stuff around, and forget to save, and then the enemy nations do all sorts of moves and take my cities and stuff and when it's eventually my turn I gets the rage and forget to save again. "I'll just take this continent and then go to bed" is something I frequently lie to myself while playing.
    Jesus snap.

I gave it away. Too much time. Too little sleep. Get thee behind me Satan.

Plus I needed to make room for CM4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

SSBM. Gotta collect all of those trophies. Have 227 at the mo... also super monkey ball. so addictive, and its a monkey in a ball dammit!Id have to agree bout pokemon ruby aswell, and im playing mario kart: super circuit to death at the moment, cant wait for double dash! :D:D:D:D:D

4 weeks to MKDD now!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

puyo puyo. Half-Life deathmatch over a decent sized lan lan. Doom co-op. An N64 with loads of 4-player games. Mario Kart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Half-Life deathmatch over a decent sized lan lan.
    lol.
    go into college at 9am, consider study for 5 minutes... boot up hl instead.
    leave college at 10pm.
    good timesww)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Football Manager (the very first one) for the ZX Spectrum.
    Falcon 3.0 for the PC.
    EA Hockey on the Sega Megadrive.
    Doom.

Many, many hours lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Gotta say Pokémon red/blue were horribly addictive games. Damn game consumed my whole Summer back then.

I generally find RPG's in general very addictive namely Baldurs Gate 2 and ZeldaWW. I usually can't leave them alone until I've completed them, and when the game plays and looks wonderful it doesn't help either. though it makes it more fun :)

RTS games are powerfully addictive too. I wouldn't reccomend playing Civilization2/3 while in a relationship, you'll find yourself single in no time if you do ;).

Advertisement