Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fourier Series

Options
  • 16-10-2003 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

CAn anyone explain the fourier series to me?>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

How long have you got?

Check amazon for any books by J O Bird

He produces many maths books for Electronics.

Eóin

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Hmmm, thanks! I think I got the jist of it anyway, although I don't think "It makes the wiggly thing look more square" will go down too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Don't tell me, Griffith College Data Comms?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

TRY THE MATHS FORUM - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=380

If you map an equation (that you can't do calculus etc., on) to a Fourier Series, you can then do calculus etc. on the series and then map the result back to what is in effect the answer to the equation.

It would be like asking someone to translate your homework into arabic, them giving it to another person to do then translating it back into english to hand back to you. (ie. the only way Europeans could have done algerbra during the dark ages.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

cloud9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Errr, did a bit of it. Did you do integration kegan5?

Advertisement