Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawrence of Arabia €44.95 (On what planet?)

Options
  • 16-10-2003 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

I see 'Lawrence of Arabia' Special edition priced at €44.95 in HMV.
    I bought the same DVD in Xtravision for €12.50 (Buy 2 DVD's for €25). Incidentally I got 'The Abyss' Special edition as the other DVD in this offer.
    Methinks there is something seriously awry here. Who are HMV trying to kid?.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I got the same disc in HMV for about 14 or so about a year ago.

I sometimes find it funny during the HMV sales to check out the previous price on the little barcode. Some of them really make me laugh. I get the impression that they've almost given up on selling quite a few DVDs (except for the odd idiot) outside of the sales.

That disc wasn't anywhere near 44 euros even when it first came out.

I know I've said this here before but go check the price of Goodness Gracious Me (season 1) in HMV Grafton Street. It's about 65 euros if I remember rightly (shouldn't be more than 30 even by ripping off the customer). That whips your 44 for Lawrence:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

what HMV do is charge the RRP for the DVD's when they've got their 2 for 1 'special offer' on. It's scandelous and although you can sometime get a good deal the vast majority are a ripoff. Have to say though, their recent 3 for €30 deal was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Numinous2017

I picked up a copy of the special edition in a Dublin store a few years ago for euro 20

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I picked up a copy of the special edition in a Dublin store a few years ago for euro 20

I'm sure the OP got one cheap too, seeing as they mentioned it 14 years ago and both stores mentioned have gone bust.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement