Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 website

• 16-10-2003 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use this website at all

I use it pretty much every day to send web txts - but dammit the site just plain p**ses me off.

Every so often whether on dial up or broadband the site simply does not work - either the log in area is not available or the actual messanging function doesnt work.

More recently since they "worked" on the back-end, it seems that message that used to be sent instantly do not get sent for ages.

Example - I text a friend and the gf two nights ago - they didnt recieve the texts I sent until the next day :mad:

The reason o2 said on their website for the update was to improve customer experience or something to that effect - well my experience just plain sucks when trying to use the website.

Anyone else ever had these problems either recently or before the "upgrade"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Agree all round-

I use it all the time especialy when I'm over here in NY. That recent service outage was a pain alright.

Also that Javascript expandable menu consistently causes an error even on the latest versions of IE6. End up having to click on sitemap link down the bottom to see full expanded menu.

On the plus side they have increased the number of countries you can send free txt to.

Maybe they should have more downtime to correct some of these anoying things !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Send a message to their customer service.
    (letter or phonecall preferable) telling them of the problem.

http://web.o2.ie/portal/customer_care/contact_us/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

In 2003 > the site just plain p**ses me off.

Its now 2008, the O2 website has been "upgraded" over the weekend with yet another "improved" webtext function.

The website was a crock back in 2001, and has maintained the crock status throughout the intervening years and now once again we have a new crock in 2008. For example, if you use it you will see that they have a textbox which cant even keep up with the speed of someone typing the text !!!! Talk about backward. Have these people any design UI and functionality brains at all ???? It would seem not. If this is web2.0 I'd rather web0.0.

Perhaps if we organised 1000x O2 subscribers on boards.ie maybe they would listen to the threat of 1000 people potentially jumping to another operator. Or then again, maybe not. 10,000x and they may just do that.

Is there a more appropriate forum for discussing mobile service issues? I didnt spot one ......

Happy webtexting .....

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Le Ancient thread move from Web Design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

I agree totally - it is probably the worst website of this size on the internet.

I have been keeping screen shots of errors I get which I am storing up to fwd to O2. However what's more difficult to show is how slow slow slow the website is. It's shocking.

Also avoid using O2 mail like the plague - it went offline for a full day before and is about as reliable as the rest of the site!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Le Ancient thread move from Web Design.
    We have one (many!) of these threads. But thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement