Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL: How do I get into folder list?

• 16-10-2003 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

I can't find "Folder List" under the View button. Want to check emails. How else can I find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

uhh!?

pray, do tell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Say what now?

OK, if you're using Outlook (like almost everyone else), either click on Folder List or Outlook Bar under View.

Can't see these items? See those little chevrons at the bottom of the menu? (the two little v thigns over each other) Run your mouse over that and the items will appear as if by some kind of electronic magic.

Holding down the CTRL button at the same time as holding down the SHIFT button and pressing the I button (while still holding down the other two buttons) will open your inbox.

If that doesn't work, you can do one of three things:

1. Someone's after screwing up your menus. Right click on the menu bar, click "customise" and poke around in there.

OR
    2. Swipe your ID card at one of the er, swipe machines 9there's one in the vax, one in the library. Make sure both boxes are ticked on the screen that appears.

OR
    3. Pester the nice lady in the library computer helpdesk (it's next to the room with the printers (NOT the photocopiers) and she'll come and help you.

NOT AN OPTION:D:
    4. Bother me

Seriously though, try the above. I suspect the options have just autohidden and holding the mouse over the chevrons should do the trick. That's assuming you've followed the EZ instructions on how to set up your email next to every PC of course (if you haven't, you'll not be getting into your email till you do). Your email server is probably cronos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

That's assuming you've followed the EZ instructions on how to set up your email next to every PC of course (if you haven't, you'll not be getting into your email till you do).

Ahem... could you post this list of EZ instructions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Shane
    Ahem... could you post this list of EZ instructions?

It's an A4 sheet next to every single machine in the library! Lazy fecker.

http://rhw.ul.ie/pport/pdf/460077247.pdf so

You only have to set it up once.

Advertisement