Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

start up problems

• 16-10-2003 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

when i start up windows 2000 pro, after it detects ide drives a message comes up saying that the cpu has been changed or not working. when i go into the bios settings to see what cpu is installed the correct one is shown (intel p4 2.8 ghz) so i exit the bios and same message appears and it gives u the option to press f1 to continue and windows boots up with no problems. the message somtimes also says that the hard drive is not detected. anyone any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Me thinks that it maybe a power issue. What Wattage is it? and what do you have connected to the PSU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cooks

its an Enermax PSU ATX 431W. i added an 80mm fan at the front of the case and an 80mm fan at the rear. i thought that psu would be able to take those fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

THat should be enough power. I thought that you might have something that was comsuming alot of power. Do you have the 12V connector in properly? I have a 2.8c and im running it off a 350W PSU.

As regards the Hard drives, look in your BIOS settings for a Hard disk predelay and increase this time abit.

Advertisement