Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shinzons woes Continues

Options
  • 16-10-2003 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Well ive been quiet on the broadband front of late due to the fact i needed to get the sheckles together to get an electrician up to do what muck suggested by separating the lines and leaving the intenal wiring disconnected

Guess what still failed, so im giving the Team leader a ring here in waterford as the last throw of the dice and see what he says

looking grimmer and grimmer by the minute

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Are you sure that a fresh test was done (as opposed to simply reading and old from the database)? The results are supposed to be updated every 4 weeks.

Assure the team leader that the external problem was sorted out already and you were told it should pass. Don't say that the line 'fails' as this may put him off. Get him to do a full test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

sorry to hear shin,

i had a similar problem where my line kept failing, after lots of calls to different ppl in eircom and several complaints (four months in total) i was told my only hope would be to order a new line but when the engineer came to install the line i asked him to completly replace the cabeling on my line instead (because i didnt want a new line, i wanted my original line to work) which he did and i have him a few quid for his trouble and he got the new line order cancelled so it only cost me 40 to get the line fixed, (it took a week and a half from when the engineer did the work for the line to pass) but its fine now and ive ordered bb from iol.

hope it works out for ya.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by SoundWave
    its fine now and ive ordered bb from iol.

I love it when people do this. Go all out to get €ircon to fix their line so they can get xDSL and when it's finally done after a lot of hard slog, order from one of their competitors. Bet it reeeeaalllly pisses them off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I was on the phone to com reg today and they told me that the test results are updated every two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

hence the reason I have to wait "at least two weeks" for an initial line test....

*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Given that Eircom are collecting both the line rental and the wholesale rate from their competitors I wouldn't feel sorry for Eircom if someone decides not to use their service when Eircom have fixed the line.

After all the lines should be working correctly in the first place, if they did any kind of reasonable job of maintaining them.

M.

Advertisement