Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL/ESAT RADSL BB Signal Loss

• 16-10-2003 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Right, I REALLY wanna get this sorted out, wanna know if anyone has had any luck....

Sometimes it seems the signal is lost, light starts to flash on modem, about 60 secs later it will pick up again and pages will d/l again. Now, downloads keep going thru this, and games are not effected, but browsing is. And its annoying as hell, especially when it happens at least once every 2 or 3 minutes!! Anyone who had this problem managed to solve it yet? Or is it a fault with IOL, or do only I have this?

Thanks for your help in advance guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

funny .. this used to happen to me on normal dial up ...

and it's happening at the moment in college too

it fixe itself when i reinstalled windows ... so it's probably a hidden "feature" of IE
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

hmmm.... i've noticed problems with my comp shutting down of late, so it may well have a problem with windows (YEEEEEEARG!). I'll give reinstalling windows a shot and see how it goes, thanks dude. Hope it works :S My dad was going ape when it did it booking tickets on Aer Lingus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

shutting down?

sounds like blaster to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

nah,d ont think so - tis windows ME, UGH, and if thats not enough explanation (lol) i think it may have stemmed from the last reinstall of windows I did, soon find out later tho when i get chance to reinstall it all again.
    I'll actually get some of the removal tools to check for blaster just in case tho ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

IE problems??? well I have a patch that will fix all those problems right away. Welcome to the Web the way it's meant to be . Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement