Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get Q2 Gl runnin

Options
  • 05-08-1999 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

dont know much about the riva, but the voodoo drivers worked fine. did you get the specific drivers or generic ones.
    also, try installing the new drivers and then installing the older ones over them. sometimes it makes the best of both worlds and works. most often not thou sad.gif

get a voodoo3 smile.gif

i had the same problem with q3 and unreal and had to uninstall q3drivers to make unreal work, but both seem to work together fine now.. go figure. software conflicts suck.
    btw, if anyone knows about dvd software sh1te, anychance yis could look at the tech siupport board and answer me question? its under agp post by me.
    ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

is your colour pallette in 16bit in your display settings????
    also fu<k around with the riva128 settings in display properties
    its a NVida RIVA 128/128ZX right?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

I've tried ****ing about with every setting I can think of, the cu*t of it all is that it was working fine with both q2 and q3 working, it was after I stuck in a voodoo3 for a while the problems started.

the thing about the riva in q3 is with the right settings u can see shadows through the walls, well for q3atest anyway, have a few rockets waiting for someone walking down the coridoor wink.gif

cheers anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

get a better card!!?!?!

oi...whats your mail addy tony...i can't get at me old mail?

don.juan@innocent.com wink.gif

how's all goin anyhow collie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can't comment on all V3's, but I have V3 3000 AGP and Quake/Quake2 will NOT work with it.

You have to install special drivers which come with the board to get these to work.

Q3 drivers just totally fuked up my V3 drivers and I just ended up uninstalling Q3 (as it's boring)

• Advertisement

that's interesting but I'm looking for help for a riva 128zx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

should fix it:

http://www.rivazone.com/drivers/#release1282.77

had the same problem as you when i was trying to get q2 running in GL about a year ago (STB velocity 12 sunglasses.gif. Install the drivers through your display settings in the control panel. BTW...GLsetup for q3test is EVIL, it ****s up the majority of systems in relation to graphics, format c:\ etc.. sad.gif

right lads I used to have gl q2 runnin fine but at some stage arsing around with installing q3test it stopped working
    keeps saying no hardware support detected or something.
    it's a riva128zx on windows 98, I've tried removing the glsetup thing, reinstalling windows, the old drivers, the latest drivers and the f***ing thing still wont run in gl
    so if anyone has any Ideas I'd be most appreciative.

gw pII 350, riva is onboard...

'salright, got the latest drivers from nvidia again, didn't make any difference after I loaded them but then I went looking through the registry, didn't make any changes and then just tried it once more and for some reason it worked.
    I'll not complain smile.gif

cheers anwyayz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Azkiker

Hanky,I think u can lose the _. now. ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement