Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics

Options
  • 16-10-2003 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Was doing accounting, now I`m apparently doing economics any way enough about that.
    I was wondering as to what the exam paper in economics is like.How it is structured and what are the questions like. And above all peoples experiences and opinions on the exam.
    I`m repeating fifth year and I did economics last year so I won`t be lost in the course or anything like that.
    Cheers ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Why don't you buy the exam papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

very confusing post. anyway, do what neo said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I probaly should:p , and that would tell me the lay out. But I want to also know peopled experiences and opinions of the paper.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

flew through the two years getting 90-100% in tests then came to the exam and only got a B2. It seems an easy subject but the marking is pretty tough and for some questions you really have to know the latest facts and figures( inflation, government spending, etc).
    Incidently the paper (400 marks) consists of section A (answer 6 from 9 short questions, pretty easy know the major definations and its an easy 85-100 marks) and secton B (answer 4 from 8 long questions, 75 marks each), usually section B consists of 2-4 micro (supply, demand, etc) and the rest are macro ( inflation, government policies, etc).
    People generally do all the micro questions and then the easiest of whats left. The MAJOR!!!! problem with the subject is that the text book is soooooooooo out of date, so teachers just use their own notes and these vary from teacher to teacher so everyone has slighty different answers to the same questions.
    Personally I wouldnt go near the subject again id try to take up something like business instead, but heh thats just me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Stake

The problem with Economics is you have to work at it. There is pretty much zero room for waffle if you don't have good grounding in the subject. If you don't know a particular graph for a certain question, say, then you're pretty much fer-cocked. Do another subject, I wish I had. If you're not doing Business, do it. It's easy and it almost seems like the more ****e you write the more marks they'll give you.
    And, as I was in Nike Dudes Economics class, he'll attest to the fact that I know a lot about talking ****e....

• Advertisement
Advertisement