Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Tekra 8000 Harddrive

• 16-10-2003 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here know if/where Toshiba sell harddrives for this aging notebook (PIII/500 from 1999), or if not, what maximum size drive can it take, and if it needs some converter.

It currently has a 6GB disk in it. Its not my laptop, BTW, its a friends with an aversion to spending money :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Hi

Give a guy called Mark Carroll a call on 01-4505277 (9-5)

He will tell you what you need to know.

Paddyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

There shouldn't be a problem with putting any drive into it. I put a 40gb 5400rpm IBM into my hp p3 450, worked with no problems. I'd say you might have problems with anything over 80 gigs, but its unlikely that you The best thing to do is to try a drive out of a more modern laptop in it. You may have to disable "hard drive security" in the bios before taking the drive you are testing out of the laptop, otherwise it won't work in the toshiba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ok, I found some spec sheets and it looks like it can take anything under 60GB. But the friend, as I said, has an aversion to spending money, because he never has any. So any idea where I could get an exeptionally cheap 2-4GB 2.5' disk?

Advertisement