Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen cracks

Options
  • 16-10-2003 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Stone scared the yahosiwotsits out of me earlier and hit the screen with such force I though it was going to come clean through it. Anyway I have a bunch of crack starting from the bottom of the middle of screen moving upwards. About an inch long in general but two or three of them are about 4 inches long.

Wheres is good to get the windscreen replaced?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

See golden pages (don't know where in Ireland you are) but check to see if your insurance policy will cover it (often the case - without affecting NCB)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

i'd recommend autoglass. did mine for me during the summer. they can come to your house or work or you can go to them. if you're with hibernian them they'll cover the cost and it won't affect your ncb. autoglass will even bill your insurance company directly so u don't have to fork out. dunno where you are but the place in cork is across from the driving test centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Did exactly that. All fixed at no cost to me, and no claims unaffected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

sweet. might be an idea to post the national number for them or something. i know it's on the tax and insurance disc holder they put on your new windscreen cos it's on mine too but i won't see my car again until friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by the evil belly
    sweet. might be an idea to post the national number for them or something.
    1 850 36 36 36

24 hour number apparently.

They've a branch locator on their website as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement