Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahern 2hern - Shure they're all the same!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm, amazing how similar in appearance Dermot and Noel are. Their own mothers couldn't tell them apart.

ahernd3.jpgahernd3.jpg
    Dermot___________________Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

this story describes something I hadn't thought of as a factor in increasing the numbers registered as homeless in relation to the actual numbers sleeping rough in the capital.

I was on public transport yesterday during the middle of the day
    ( not often I get to do this during the week because of work and all that ) anyway there was a couple of lads sitting behind me.
    one was telling his friend that he was living with his parents and therefore his mean tested assistance/dole etc. came to €36 so he said to his mate that he goes into town and signs on as a registered homeless person to get full dole payment. thats an extra ounce of dope a week for that fella !!

ok on a serious note I am just pointing out that the system is being abused by some people.
    and not from the perspective that we should waste money chasing someone who shouldn't be claiming an extra 80€ but more from a perspective that the situation may not be as bad as sometimes made out by the media and homeless charities

i.e. I don't believe that there are 5,000 people sleeping rough in Dublin city and I don't see whats wrong with a politician making a statement like this ( after all he is the minister with responsibility for housing and should know his stuff )

Advertisement