Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing GBA SP

• 17-10-2003 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get 2 GBA SP's for christmas, and i was considering buying from the states, seeing as the dollar is so attractivly priced.

As i understand there only 2 obsticles.

1. The power supply will be 2 pin, and
    2. Customs may stop and charge vat.

Can i just use a 2>3 pin adaptor such as youd get in a travel shop, or will i need some thing more?

As for the vat, can anyone reccomend a site/delivery method that will most likely not be stopped searched by customs?

And is there any other difficulties?

X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mate got one from US and it worked out the same price as buying one from play.com
    He struggled to find a no vat site also.
    Wasnt the site it was the courier or An post who asked for the money at his door.

kdjac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by Xterminator
    Hi,

As i understand there only 2 obsticles.

1. The power supply will be 2 pin, and
    2. Customs may stop and charge vat.

Can i just use a 2>3 pin adaptor such as youd get in a travel shop, or will i need some thing more?

As for the vat, can anyone reccomend a site/delivery method that will most likely not be stopped searched by customs?

U can buy a 3 pin GBA adapter in GAME if not u can use a power transformer (220v-110v) U cannt just use a 3 pin to 2 pin adapter coz the voltage is diferant...

I got a flash linker from these guys www.success-hk.com in Hong-Kong It was 120 dollers or so and i had it shipped UPS with no hassles from the Tax man.... They do GBA SP's (including all the colours u cannt get here)

BTW if u can get who ever is sending it to mark it as a "sample" or a "gift" the Tax man cannt come after u ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Just gonna buy an official 3-pin 220V charger when I get back to Ireland. Nintendo's official site sells them, IIRC.

Deadly little machine, BTW. Spending like billy-oh on eBay getting all the games I want: the Castlevanias, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics, Golden Sun, Zelda...still waiting on Desert Strike!!:ninja: :D Ebay's really handy for buying GBA games as they're not region-specific and 2nd-hand ones go for half-nothing (in $) e.g. paid equivalent of a mere 6 euroids(!!) for Desert Strike (incl. box & manual) :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Dont forget games like Megaman Battle net 3, Advanced Wars 2, Mario Kart, Wario Ware, Mario 1-3, Street Fighter Alpha.... the list goes on...

BTW Top Gun: Fire Storm Advance is Desert Strike with an F16 :)

Advertisement