Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need more Kingpin players.

Options
  • 09-08-1999 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I was playing it over the weekend, multiplayer is class. biggrin.gif

It's a bit like an action movie, where your trying to blow the crap out of someone and you can hear them reloading from behind the wall, or the bit where you can shoot thier heads off then hack the bodies... yummy :p

Oh yea most of the games I played I came first, so that will give you a good idea of how badly it needs good players. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 09-08-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Polish

Talk to suds. He is without a doubt the thresh of kingpin.

ChRoMe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Yes, I like this game. But I kept logging onto the Qamex server (kingpin.qamex.com), and there was no one there! And the ping to the other servers is cack. More people play please!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is it a public server (ie. appears in Gamespy). cause when about 2-3 people join, it fills up but most of the people are from other various parts of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

We were playing it a bit on the LAN the other night.... badly needs some duel maps, tho. With just two of us there, it sucked cos we couldn't find each other.... (altho I liked the way the junk laa couldn't find any weapons tongue.gif)

UT still whoops it's ass tho smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

That game is a crap Multiplayer compard to the likes of quake and halflife.....

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 10-08-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

The player models rule.

Although the HMG's rate of fire could be better, i mean you can only get off a few bursts with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yea rock on, multiplayer kingping rules. It's not really comparable to q1 or q2 cos it's actually really god damn fun to play, whereas q1/2 is very intense and everyone wants to win win win. This is just going round having a laugh. Love the comments the odd time that you make when you waste someone, class fun action. I play on the qamex kingpin server, but there's very rarely anyone on and if there is it's only about 3 or 4 others.

That flame thrower rocks.

smile.gif Yea Flamethrower is cool. At first I used to run in blazing with the flame thrower, now I just spray a room then sit back and watch people run screaming covered in tasty napalm.

As for the HMG, doesn't it kill pretty much in one go, I know a head shot will kill straight off in one 3 round burst (You see thier head explode, then the body drop to the ground).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

use it for wasting those punks in the train yard wink.gif

Just can't find any weapons cause ur new. I notice on a lot of levels people tend to gravitate to the same area, theres one level (turf war I think) you sit out at the top roof and you take people down with ease before they get near to you. Took three of them ganging up to flush me off the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 [CrasH]

For one Hobbes i introduced u to kingpin online !!! And i can also kik ure ass u camp alot and Hobbes says its called "TACTICAL STANDING" whatever hobbes :-)

Nada Nada Nada !!!!

Oi! tongue.gif

Camping is standing in one spot and getting easy kills (like respawn kills), I hold a whole area and I get accused of camping because anyone comes into that end of the level and they are toast. Anyway if people bothered to look up they would live a lot longer tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 [CrasH]

I still register that as camping ya know. . .. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Kingpin multiplayer is ok. played last night on the qamex server. but i really hate the single player game. tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

We had a savage LAN game at FTI, pretty cool.
    The flame thrower is savage, when the geezer is flaming you, you can't see anything! Until somebody hacks it of course.

Anyone tried Bagman yet? Some kinda CTF mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Bagman is the *business* - basically you got teams, and you have to collect a certain amount of cash, and stash it in your team's safe. There's a BIG cash pile somewhere in the middle of the level, and you have to try to nick it from there, slap it in your bag and bring it home. Of course, the more cash you have on you, the bigger your bag gets, and the bigger target you are for people to kill you and nick your cash... smile.gif

Regi
    (I got his wallet!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

I think more people would play if the game ran faster on their PC's.
    I've got a P200MMX-48MB-3DFX and the game is slow, choppy and makes my PC dance the hard-drive cha-cha between each frame.
    I can just imagine how slow an internet game would be.

Oh, can you make your player say stuff, like in the solo game? smile.gif

Get muppited at:
    http://drive.to/mobius

Advertisement