Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campbells Catering "Charade"

• 17-10-2003 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think that they're not even tryin anymore? Is it just me or are they after gettin even worse than last year? at least last year some of the chips were cooked!! This year none of them are!! One of the birds said my lunch looked nice today and i had to say to her "Yeah but it'll taste like crap!!". she didnt look too happy about it though! i probably shoulda bitch slapped her while i was at it! they do some nice chicken dinners once a week r sumtin but thats it!
    i propose we go on a march!!
    we meet up some mornin and walk up to the canteen and queue up just before the big rush and when we're gettin served and they say "What do u want?", we say "NOTHING!!" and laugh at them and then run off!!
    it'll probably be more effective than all the planning that didnt go into the nothing we did last year!

I'm Kent Brockman, and that was my 2 cents!

ps u geddit: Charade/monopoly geddit geddit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

OMG!!! I was in Carlow 8 years ago and the chips were rubbish then...and the curry sauce was ugh!!! But they still haven't improved!! Have no students died yet from their so called "food"!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I did!

Originally posted by ShayK1
    I did!

Well are you not going to sue???? what are you waiting for, life to pass you by? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Seriously lads stop moanin and go do something about it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

or go eat somwhere respectable ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

theres nowhere respectable in carlow except LemonGrass and thats to expensive for us lowly students!! its prpbably full of the type that drink in brooks anyway!!

ps ill bring in a sammitch cart 2moro!!

Originally posted by The_B_Man
    theres nowhere respectable in carlow except LemonGrass and thats to expensive for us lowly students!! its prpbably full of the type that drink in brooks anyway!!

ps ill bring in a sammitch cart 2moro!!

You might not get too much business tomorrow...it is Saturday:D
    Yipppeeeee!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

i only ever eat/ate pre-packed sambos in that canteen,
    Food is cheaper and better in work:)

Go home and cook ur lunch or even better bring it to college with u!

soo much cheaper!

i used to almost always go back to my gaff and make my own food . some huge sambo's

eh hello! who do u think i am!! u expect me to COOK me own lunch!! jaysus!!ill pay the feckin fiver for the campbells SHlTE! no actually, ill buy a sammitch from the siopa!! or maybe ill just eat out of my sammitch cart on MONDAY!!!! (not saturday)
    im definately not goin to McDonalds anyway (dont get me started on McDonalds), which leaves road house.....but we cant go their anymore coz of kegan5, so unless i stop eatin cold turkey! but then il probably die and i wont get me degree. which defeats the purpose of me comin here and havin to endure the horrible food!!

• Advertisement

yeah but I'm too lazy!

It can cost up to €5.15 for a dinner and a coke!

You expect something decent for that!
    but the Enjiladas (spelling) the other day were lovely!! IMO

think i may go for mac d's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

good point one dinner nearly killed me last week its more hit and miss with that crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The problem is inertia. They are the only caterering crowd in the IT, and students (ahem! Customers) are too lazy to go else where or bring their own food.

Until people actually stop buying their "food" and going else where nothing will change and they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Bond-James Bond
    The problem is inertia. They are the only caterering crowd in the IT, and students (ahem! Customers) are too lazy to go else where or bring their own food.

Until people actually stop buying their "food" and going else where nothing will change and they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

i wouldn't advise telling these people to do anything about campbells catering-last year i suggested that they bring their own food and got flamed for it......just let them bitch and do nothing about it.......just like last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

what can anyone do?
    I dont want campbells to close down cos i would miss their breakfast too much!!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

fair dues, i liked the preakfast. Two sausages, two white pudding, and egg, hash browns, all covered in beans with toast and a pint of milk. tbh its all i eat out of the canteen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

their upstairs dinners are very nice if you ge there while they are fresh too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

what did kegan5 do that ye cant go to the road house????
    was she strippin on the tables again!!!!(shockin)

No that was me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

3 pages of pure unadulterated verbal diarrhea!

well if we don't stop eating in the canteen the diarrhea won't just be verbal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

nothing is going to happen, its just like last year.
    ppl dont like the canteen but still eat there(i know its the only place) but ppl can bring food(sambos) with them for lunch.

the only way campbells will improve is that ALL the students stop eating there and then campbells will be forced to change....
    but thats never going to happen

Originally posted by clansman
    nothing is going to happen, its just like last year.
    ppl dont like the canteen but still eat there(i know its the only place) but ppl can bring food(sambos) with them for lunch.

the only way campbells will improve is that ALL the students stop eating there and then campbells will be forced to change....
    but thats never going to happen

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ahhh ... nice to know that shambles catering is just as bad in Carlow as it is in Tallaght.

ye except in tallaght u can just walk over to the square or the bowler to get food. all there is in carlow is a big field around the college and a few houses. so we're stuck with campbells unless we walk down town to an imitation eddie rockets or a piece of sh1t mcdonalds & supermancs. Theres a new shoppin centre open but that has no restaurant in it yet.

Originally posted by The_B_Man
    ye except in tallaght u can just walk over to the square or the bowler to get food. all there is in carlow is a big field around the college and a few houses. so we're stuck with campbells unless we walk down town to an imitation eddie rockets or a piece of sh1t mcdonalds & supermancs. Theres a new shoppin centre open but that has no restaurant in it yet.

You see Campbells have a captive customers and there is no incentive for them improving things. They even have old biddies serving is enough to put you off.

what is required is an orangised boycott of campells for a day. Needs support of SU and lecturers too. That would teach them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Campbells seem to screw off students in particular (ah sure noone cares if a student get poisoned, especially not the university admin staff). We have campbells in work and there is no comparison between the food they serve here and the ****e they served in college(ucc). The food is also cheaper in work.

although, the golden rule still applies, only get meat you can see or chicken, don't touch any of that beef curry **** etc. Last time I got a beef curry I couldn't even chew the beef, it was pure gristle.

• Advertisement

hold on a minute we re dealing with women here lads there not just goin to let it if we did the service would probably get worse if we did anything1
    and it would go on for years to come, they d never let it go
    A woman scorned

I think i speak for everyone when i say......

WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU ON ABOUT??????

Can anyone make sense of that post??
    Farlo do you speak english??

He says if you do anything against campbells, the female catering staff will be pissed off for years to come, so you'll have to put up with even worse food.

Ah i see you speak Farlo....Thanks man!

Yeah he's probably right but i mean......... Something needs to be done but i don't know what can be done!

I'm hungry :(

Who awards these franchises? Could go and talk to Bennett and get something done.

Does the coffee in Carlow IT taste like industrial discharge from a heavy metals plant as well?

Should get onto Bewleys and say "look this is the impression thousands of people are getting of bewley's coffee".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭scrawnban

Why don't ya go to Tom in the union, he's very good at sorting out stuff like this problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

okay somebody with money just buy a damn chip-van and all the problems will disappear! :D

oh god yeah that would be great! lovely greasy chips, big ass burgers that arent rock formations, yummy!

Alright then somebody with dough, step forward!

Originally posted by Don1
    Alright then somebody with dough, step forward!

I think that most people here are students, so where would they get the money?!?!?!?

Students in Carlow, go seel your bodies and make some money to buy a chip van!!!

• Advertisement

yeah who would buy them though!!!!
    ok don1 get down that street and make us proud!!!
    don't be afraid to experiment and age doesn't matter(or size)shudder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

deja vu anyone?
    ye all suck

I thought you did too. Oh well.

Yeah this is remarkably similar to the fruitless thread about Campbell's last year. Just eat it or f**ck off!

Originally posted by stevenk
    deja vu anyone?
    ye all suck

You might get more money if you swallow also...good thinking!!!

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Does the coffee in Carlow IT taste like industrial discharge from a heavy metals plant as well?

Should get onto Bewleys and say "look this is the impression thousands of people are getting of bewley's coffee".

nah i quite like the coffee in college!
    Theres a few different ones!
    Theres the ground coffee in the coffee jar.
    Theres the one that comes from the berker(Spelling??...where the hot water comes from)
    and then theres the machine as well......

just thinkin...........have u ever seen campbells staff eatin out of there?

they get it the whole time when there on a break me thinks they have a private supply of cooked somewhere back there!

well they probably cook it themselves!! thats what i used to do when i worked in McDonalds coz i wouldnt trust the 15yr olds or various foreign nationals to cook MY food!

i hate mcdonalds.

Originally posted by ShayK1
    Ah i see you speak Farlo....Thanks man!

Look what I found on Amazon!! ww)

ha ha ha link doesnt work! ha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement