Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard rumour about Providence Resources???

Options
  • 17-10-2003 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone else heard rumour of Providence Resources uncapping the oil wells off waterford coast. Sahre price has climber 600% nearly in last 8 weeks, form .5 per bundle of 10 to 28cents per bundle of 10. Thats some return no matter hwat way you look at it. Haven't seen anything in papers about whats causing the huge surge in share price. The fact that Tony O'reilly owns the majority of company is interesting.

Any info/input gratefully received.

N

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and the fact that you are a N00B could indicate , just as accurately , that there is a ramping effort on these shares and that the ramping effort has nothing whatsoever to do with Tony or that it is in any way sanctioned by him or any of his close associates. They may be wondering who is behind the ramping for example and who could blame them if it has nothing to do with them. If you could identify yourself and your bona fides in this matter it would be a help.

Its only 20 years since the 'last' one (sez he giving his age away ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

And call your broker and tell him to buy as much of those as you can afford!!!
    Thats exactly what im doing even as i type, with my special Christy Browne dialling wand that you too can own for just 9 99 99 99!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

hmmm, yes as Muck says, any interests in the afore mentioned company you might want to tell us about or is it a genuine req for info !!??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Damn, pity I invested all my money in pumpkins a while back. I should see a good return on the share price though - I reckon it's going to peak right around the end of February.

I get little messages like this by email all the time. Mostly sent (actually wrt email, /all/ sent) by people trying to temporarily push up the price of penny shares for their own ends (at the expense of the gullible investor)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Complete and utter gamble these shares. Lots of people got burned before. Lots of people will be burned again. I bought a chunk a few months ago and am sitting on a very tidy profit. But i was (and still am) prepared to loose the lot. That’s the deal with penny shares. Especially when the o'reillys are involved.

There is an article about them in the current edition of Phoenix - recommended Buy.

But once again remember a COMPLETE GAMBLE. And don't be greedy..... any fool can buy shares, it takes knowledge, skill, experience and hard work to know when to sell them. Timing is everything. That’s the trick!

• Advertisement

Sorry for dragging up old threads but in light of their performance i just had to ask.............

Did anybody buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Originally posted by mollser
    ouch!

Bad graph.

On 31/10/2003 the ISE stopped reporting Providence and Ormonde in units of 10. The traumatic fall you are looking at on that graph is because the historical prices have not been changed to reflect the change in units.

On the day the thread started (17/10/2003) Providence stood at .027. Today they closed at .055 (Up 100%) I got them months back at .010. Just wondering if its greedy to keep hanging in :D

Advertisement