Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T610 Release Date / Lotus Notes

• 17-10-2003 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Vodafone tell me this fone (which looks very nice indeed) is out 'end of oct', anyone on here know different?

also anyone synched this fone to lotus notes?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Gunn4r
    Vodafone tell me this fone (which looks very nice indeed) is out 'end of oct', anyone on here know different?

it is very nice indeed - taking ages for Vodafone to get it out though :(
    Originally posted by Gunn4r

also anyone synched this fone to lotus notes?

only sync with (more recent versions) of MS Outlook is provided for out of the box..

ref: T610 sync suite info:
    "anyone wanting to synchronize his or her phone with a PIM application other than Microsoft Outlook, has to purchase XTNDConnect PC online from Extended System, Inc www.extendedsystems.com/go/ericsson The purchased version can be used to synchronize your phone and your favourite PIM applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Symantec ACT!, and others"

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I have this phone too - very nice!

MMS works fine with Voda so far on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

How did you get it already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

you can buy sim free ones in dublin or on the web........thats how they got it I would say

got mine from http://www.mphone.co.uk/

vodafone one is "customised" - i.e. branded menu system, several buttons/menu optoins to "help" take you to Live! and them logos on the covers (althogh some have got rid of them with nail varnish remover disclaimer: do so at your own risk)

it's also taking them forever to release it in Ireland so got tired waiting...

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

I got a T610 from the UK on Vodafone (free from CarPhonewarehouse on 12 month contract) :) Had it for about a month now, and its a top phone.

Calendar, Tasks and Contacts (not tried mail yet) sync's with Office XP through Dell BlueTooth card like a dream. Just click sync and off it goes. You can also download pictures, ringtones, ect through BT, just had a play with this. The Ericsson supplied software can be upgraded ($$) to support lotus notes, more info here: http://www.extendedsystems.com/go/ericsson/
    I did have problems with the basic supplied software, though there is nothing unusual there - all previous versions as supplied with r320 and t68i were never easy to get working right.

Battery lasts nearly a week without charging and I use it pretty heavily.

Overall very impressed, especially cause it cost nowt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It seems that both the T610 and Z600 have both passed testing with Vodafone. So expect to see them soon. Second hand info so dont ask me when :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

I heard from a very good source that SE will be coming back into the market in Ireland at the end of this year and beginning of next year in a big way.
    They are sorting out problems with getting their phones approved by the networks here, which caused ireland not to have any SE phones for nearly 2 years.

just got a mail from vodafone:-

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, the release date for the Sony Erricsson T610 has been placed on hold for the moment.

If you have any further queries please contact us by e-mail at care@vodafone.ie or call us anytime on FreeFone 1907 and one of our Customer Care Representatives will be happy to assist you.

It has passed software testing and it is being launched as a Live handset by Vodafone very soon.

• Advertisement

just got a mail from customer care and also phoned them and they confirmed to me once again that the release of the t610 on vodafone is on hold.

whether it has passed testing or not they were adamant that the release is on hold, pity....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why does it take so bloody long to launch phones in Ireland? T610 has been available on all networks here in Belfast since July at least. If it works fine on vodafone and 02 here, surely it won't take as long to test on the Irish sister networks??

I know it is driving me mad, this country is just too much....

It's out on O2, saw it on display in a dealership yesterday while in asking about the XDA II...

You could always port...

B

Originally posted by eth0_
    Why does it take so bloody long to launch phones in Ireland? T610 has been available on all networks here in Belfast since July at least. If it works fine on vodafone and 02 here, surely it won't take as long to test on the Irish sister networks??

We could only wish. Think about it, the networks were built as seperate networks, using different components and anything up to 8 years apart... Even the recently developed MMS services are pretty much incompatible with each other. The only thing similar between both networks are that they loosely adhere to the GSM and GPRS standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Initial releases of the software on the SE T610 were pretty shaky, and when it came to web browsers, really quite slow.

R301 and up are pretty solid on both the T610 and Z600, if you are having issues, I would be tempted to investigate a software upgrade option.

Of course time to markets are going to be different in different regions, all based on market size and competitor activities.

UK operators have actually had a lot of difficulty in properly supporting the T610 (again on web browser related issues) on its initial release version, so I suppose the hope is that its official launch here should be a little smoother.

That aside, Ive found the handling of the t610 to be quite pleasant and anyone ive met would be pretty reluctant to give it up!

running an R1L release here and it's pretty smooth - haven't had any major issues with bluetooth / browsing / email / gprs / hscsd etc..

i remember someone on here mention there were issues between it and Voda Live! so maybe that's what is bogging it down so long... although I don't "do" Live! so that wouldn't impact my use of the handset - suppose as Voda are launching it as a Live! handset it matters to them... O2 have pipped them to the post again, getting another great handset out to the public saying it would be available on their network this week...

would Ireland be pretty low on the pecking order to get specific fixes into a handsets firmware so that they overcome issues with our operator's networks?

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by detritus

That aside, Ive found the handling of the t610 to be quite pleasant and anyone ive met would be pretty reluctant to give it up!

Me too, have had mine 2 months now and not one problem worth mentioning, just the occasional OS hang when say, listening to the radio or playing a game and an SMS is received, will hang for about 20 seconds, has only happened 2 or 3 times though.
    Great phone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

got mine last week and love it. How do you check the software version and what is the latest it should be running? Also, where's the best place to buy accessories for it?

from the esato.com FAQ...

How do I get into the service menu?
    T610/T68/T310/T200/T100 Press: [joystick right] [star] [joystick left] [joystick left] [star] [joystick left] [star]

then select service info and sw information
    press ok to exit, and back until you get back to your default phone screen (and don't go fiddling with anything you don't know what it is ;))

their forums (the best place to see what he latest firmware version are etc..) list R3C as the most recent

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

In order to see which firmware you are running you have to access the Service Menu.

This is done by (rather quickly) pulling the joystick right, pressing *, left, left, *, left, *.

The firmware version is located under service information > SW information.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

thanks! My Firmware is RC3002 so I'm in good shape :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

You sure are . I got mine updated less than two weeks ago and its the same version ..

www.mobiledia.com is very good for ringtones and backrounds ....And its FREEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

still no more from vodafone about this?

the end of october must be soon :rolleyes:

Advertisement