Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best CTYI day

Options
  • 17-10-2003 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Most of you will know that at CTYI from Monday-Thursday in weeks 1 & 2 and Monday - Wednesday in Week 3 are all days with classes and not really anything special like trips except maybe a field trip or the chipper or something.I was just wondering which day out of the others when there was a trip or disco or something like it everyone preffered.The choices are:

The first Sunday - A film and Sheila's welcome speech
    The first Friday - Table Quiz
    The first Saturday - Santry and a disco
    The Second Sunday - Normally a trip somewhere in Ireland
    The second Friday - The R.A. games
    The Second Saturday - Blanchardstown and a disco
    The Third Sunday - A variety of excursions available e.g. zoo/bot gardens
    The last Thursday - The closing ceremony and extended disco
    The last day - If you hated CTYI

Personally, mine is the first Saturday with santry and the disco.People get with each other a lot that day (not as much as the last night tho) and Santry is brilliant, with or without the cinema.The arcade is a great way to spend the day.

What do all you CTYIzens think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 theymademedoit

my favourite was the last thursday. the ceremony; the disco; the great food; the watching of the boondock saints in class; the last ra meeting where we gave richie a packet of condoms. ah, golden memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Ooo, I liked it when we went to santry. I spent like, twenty euro on the arcade. And Clodagh beat me at the shooting game with the little fat dude. And then I played the other gun shooting 'house of dead' type game, and then we played snooker, then we played whack the crocodile and we won!! Then I played the robotic arm wrestling game and I got third highest score, so the I got Mairead and clodagh to help me while I pretty much sat on the robot arm and I got the same score... I liked the last night okay. It was FUN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

First sunday:
    1) first occassion to really chill with those around,
    2) first occassion to get some much needed sleep
    3) no ****e trips
    4) 2 weeks left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by Spenguin
    Ooo, I liked it when we went to santry. I spent like, twenty euro on the arcade.

and i beat marc at air hockey, but made way too much noise. and me and kate went shopping for croissants and other food.

but i liked kilkenny, especially singing along to the frames on the way back, and being caught with lynx in boots. we were learning about kilkenny in geography and i was sitting there, daydreaming about it.

and the zoo was fun.

there is no single best CTYI day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Originally posted by mentalimplosion

there is no single best CTYI day

Yes there is you crazy monkey. That time I won was pretty great. Santry was the best day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I liked Kilkenny a lot, what with the Lynx sniffing and singin along to the Frames. And Guy reading to us from the safe sex book and talking about Vanessa Wildes column in the Sunday Times Style and looking for that path that was the short cut to the town form the castle but never finding it. Ooh, and I bought Fitzcarraldo in Kilkenny. Im not sure it was the best though, lots of days were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

now, i'm gonna bring on out the lame, but i have to say
    i enjoyed every single day of ctyi this year (this year so kicked last year's ass), and it's one big happy fond memory. and i remember nearly every conversation i had, and everything i did, and everywhere i went. and all the little phrases and dirty jokes (well, me just making like 'that fork' into something lewd), and having a smile on my face practically the entire time. not when i asleep obviously, or eating, or when the keys were all locked in the room and *I* had to sort it out, or when elyse ate all the food, or when arizona alex demonstrated his strength/jujitsu moves/how he treats women by picking me up and throwing me upside down and there was flinging involved there somewhere. they're still all good memories. and i like that i knew nearly everybody worth knowing this year, in comparison to last year when i was ****e. and i liked it when people knew who i was and i didn't have a ****'s notion who they were. it made me feel near legend. i tells ya, my head was THIS far up my arse for about a month *demonstrates how far head was up own arse*

Advertisement