Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extremely bright screen

Options
  • 17-10-2003 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

My screen occasionally goes crazy, it suddenly decides to light up just like Gandalf and i have to turn away - thats how bright it gets! It only last a few seconds and then it gets back to normal, and it reoccurs in intervals of 5 minutes...

Does this have anything to do with my graphics card or the monitor? Any ideas?

a friend of mine suggested i get nividia media center, but there's no noticeable difference.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Try powerstrip, It has gamma adjust options. Does it happen after you play a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

No i dont play games, it just happens out of the blue when im browsing yahoo, for example, so its not like its a graphics heavy site...
    whats powerstrip?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Could be the monitor
    Try booting into the BIOS and leaving it sit there or booting off a boot disk to see if it happens outside windows. (though this would mean the monitor would be in low res mode at 60Hz - where as in windows it might running a tad harder)

Any noise (highpitched humming/click) associated with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

No, no noise or humming. It seems just like a power surge but its not...

Advertisement