Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Duets

Options
  • 17-10-2003 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone know any good duets, preferably by rockish artists.

I have two fantastic ones - Gemma Hayes feat. Magnet - Lay Lady Lay, and Thom Yorke feat. Pj Harvey - This Mess We're In.
    If you know of any other duets something like these, please let me know.

I reckon you phantom people are the right people to ask about this kind of thing. Maybe Pete will be able to play the above soon. You should all check out those two songs by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Manic's and traci lords -Little baby nothing
    Nick cave and pj harvey- henery lee
    Shane mcgown and sinead o conner - haunted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Belle and Sebastian With Monica Queen - Lazy Line Painter Jane

great song.. the recording isn't great on the EP. but the song is still a great one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 paniniter

thanks for the pointers. I'm very interested in the shane McGowan Sinead o connor song.a Any idea where i can get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

It was origonly on the soundtrack for a dredful orish movie called the matchmaker its on that tom dunne 30 best irish hits as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Manics and Kylie - Some kind of bliss

Oh yeah and anything/anybody who ever collaborated with pyjama harvey you can add.

Id lurrrrve to collaborate with her!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Ryan Adams & EmmyLou Harris -- Oh My Sweet Carolina
    The White Stripes & Holly Golightly -- It's True That We Love One Another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Nick Cave and Kylie.

And Iggy Pop duetted with Debbie Harry on Swell Party (I think? - it was a Bacharach and David tribute anyway)

And somebody mentioned Emmylou Harris - she duetted with Gram Parsons on a few things - Love Hurts in particular.

And you can't forget Meatloaf with Cher, Dead Ringer For Love:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

The duet on Reindeer Sections last album is pretty cool, dont remember the name of the song or the bird singing with Gary but its really good.

Fariytale of New York is brilliant.

Acquiece (sp ??) by Oasis.

Little baby nothing manics and Tracy Lords.

Neil Young and Linda Rondsat (sp ??) Harvest.

P J and Josh Homme on the Desart Sessions album

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Who sang that song "We are 2 friends so in love....." or "2 friends in time" or something with Maria McKee?

It was pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

How about that terrible song with chad cruger and that other nobody singing about heros on top of a building.
    Spiderman film thingy that had nothing to do with the film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 maladroit

Not forgetting the brilliant "This Mess We're In" (PJ Harvey and Tom Yorks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 maladroit

Meatloaf and Cher on "Dead Ringer For Love" ?

OK, I'll get my coat . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Freddie Mercury and Montessat Cabballé on Barcelona. Makes me remember the 20 years I never spent in that city fondly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

C'mon, If you're going to mention a duet containing Freddie, don't you think it should be Under Pressure with Queen and Bowie? Some of the best vocals you're ever going to hear, in my opinion of course. Also I liked that one with Thom Yorke and Drugstore (Junkster, or something like that), El Presidente.

Advertisement