Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection Sharing

Options
  • 17-10-2003 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Heres the thing....

Broadband connection via PCI ADSL modem, shared on a network of three pc's, all able to get internet access.

Now I also have a laptop with a wireless connection to the main PC too, question is how do I get this to share the internet connection too, at the same time as the wired network.

I dont want to get a router / wireless access point at this time, I have tried bridging the wired network to the wireless but this fails to work.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

BTW running Win XP pro.

Thanks.

Crumble

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Get a wireless router/modem combination, if moneys tight get an 802.11b setup. Believe me its worth it to your sanity rather than trying to get all the wrinkles out of ICS. Nightmare doesnt even come close.

Advertisement