Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roleplayer wanted to reinforce established group.

• 17-10-2003 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello.

Are you looking to join an established tabletop roleplaying group?

Do you live in Dublin and enjoy a commitment-free Thursday evening?

If so, we are probably interested. We being a small group of roleplayers (5) who have been playing together on a weekly basis for almost two years now. We play in Bayside, 5 minutes from Howth Junction Dart station, although some of us live and work south of the river. Our demographics vary - we range from early 20's to early 30's, from shaven to very bearded, from Joe Normal to Goth-sympathiser. Variety, like.

Recently, we have lost members due to emmigration (to foreign shores, the Republic of Cork to be exact). Our ranks may be depleted but we soldier on.

What do we play:

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
    Vampire the Masquerade.
    One-shots featuring Irish Army Rangers storming Atlantic Ocean.
    oilrigs.
    One-shots based on Iain Banks' Culture science fiction.
    One-shots set in a post-Sellafield meltdown Dublin.
    One shots based on Warhammer 40k.

You know, the usual...

Our gaming styles vary from individual to individual, but we are the type of group who can adjust to various styles. Dark, intense and moody when appropriate, light and fun when appropriate too.

Here's what we'll likely be playing over the next 6 months to a year:

Orpheus.
    Vampire the Masquerade
    Midnight - D&D
    Adventure!
    Warhammer
    A horror one-shot sent in Dallas, November 1963.

Two of us regularly GM. 1 of us irregularly (in every sense of the word) GMs.

There are several constants in life - one of which is to never invade Russia unless you're a member of a Mongol horde, the other of which is to roleplay as much as possible, because, let's face it, we'll all be dead in 60 years.

So, that's us. With regard to you - we don't mind. As long as you're alive and can speak an Indo-European language, we'll have you. If you're interested, please mail me, Eoin, at;

eoinco@gofree.indigo.ie

and include a short introduction. Should you have any concerns or queries feel free to mail me. Please make sure to title the e-mail "Dublin roleplayer" or something similar, other wise I won't be able to tell your mail from the 20 or so 'Increase your penis size' mails I receive each day.

Thanks for listening. Don't be shy ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

your best bet is to try here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=108111

it lists most of the RPG'ers / gamers in dublin i'll post a link to this thread on that one for you as you might get a few bites

g'luck with the search hope you find players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Old_Delirium

Cool - thanks for linking the threads.

No biters yet, but nature abhorrs a vacuum ;)

it sure does :)

im sure you'll get a few bites eventually we've had a few people from boards find new RPG groups already im sure you'll get a few people asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

As (The Bearded, Goth Sympitiser) member of the above Group I have to Say We started this Group on this board when Delirium posted a Request for gamers, and We've had a barrell of laughs ever Since (Well 3 Barrells, containing a Dwarf, and Elf, and an Arsnel of weapons to be Exact) Come on Guys/Girls join up while were between Stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

As one of the gms id like to say, i should have never allowed that barrel plan, it made getting past the vast horde too easy.

• Advertisement

barrel plan???? im intrigued.... do tell.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah the barrell bit is classic,
    bilbo baggins barrell rider.

In The Hobbit the dwarfs insert themsleves in to barrels to travel down the underground river and hence escape the clutches of the mountin goblins.

Bilbo having engineered the escape due to his new found "magical" ring ends up
    ontop of the barrells and rides the down the icy river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Old_Delirium

Alien wrote: "barrel plan???? im intrigued.... do tell....."

Well, we recently wound up the first installment of a Warhammer Roleplay Campaign.

My PC, Eva Kurtz, sought to rescue her kidnapped sister from the clutches of Gerhard Klugmann, a wealthy merchant, villain, (and, we thought, a probable cultist of chaos). Eva was aided by Lorn, an Elven Bounty Hunter, Grimel a Dwarven Alchemist and Laefarna, an Elven Druid.

Klugmann was holed up in a country mansion outside Altdorf surrounded by a small army of troops he had recruited (which he intended to gift to the Emporer in exchange for a noble title). However, we came up with a plan - Klugmann was to be married. So, we infiltrated the party by smuggling in two of the PCs in heavily modified barrels, while the other PCs gatecrashed the wedding celebrations disguised as guests.

All in all, a very succesful operation. Now the PCs are heading off to a dwarven stronghold. No doubt, things will become further complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Arken Thell

Hmmm looking back on it twas a nice plan but it all ended in tears well for the Klugman's anyway :D

Well We let em go, (Drattit DooGoodie Elves) But I doubt the Bride was all that impressed when she Found out about what The Groom Did To Eva......not to mention the kidnapping of whole Merchant Families as a methord of doing bussness, or the in sightment of the Race Riots, and if she finds out that the withchhunter Genrel Might be investagating her husband, well he'll never hear the end of it lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Lo! Who is that, stalking through the candy store! It is Specky, hands clutching a meaty axe! He roars vengefully:

"I'm going to clobber you into the fast lane!!!"

Hmmm...that's not quite my normal style but....

Um Specky, I think ya got a little offtopic, I know my nick is kewl, but no need to get carried away lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Sorry Edbanger

I was just trying out the battlecry thing....

yea i tried the battle cry thing out too sorry i been away for most of the week in dublin. but im back now!

LOL i like the barrell plan most amuzing!

Advertisement