Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BComm vs BBS

Options
  • 18-10-2003 5:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

What's the actual difference between a BComm (Bachelor of Commerce) and BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies). I cannot see too much of a difference in the actual programmes.

In the long term, would there be any major difference between them? Unless things change greatly, I am quite confident I will have the points for either BESS in Trinity or Commerce in Cork next year, the latter allowing me to live at home and save a good bit in the process.

Thanks. My career guidance teacher is a useless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Do BESS in trinity. Got a few friends doing it and they say its the best business degree in the country. Very broad choice of elective subjects after 1st year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

BComm is just an oldfashioned name for a business degree used by the NUI.

MComm used to indicate a research masters degree as opposed to an MBS (coursework and minor thesis) but these days MBS is often used for both.

Advertisement