Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF 1942 Single player

Options
  • 18-10-2003 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I just recently got the game and tbh in single its poor to say the least the AI is terrible they either shot u from 2 miles off or can run at them and knife them i just have the standard game not patched or anything. anyone know how to make it better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    anyone know how to make it better

go online :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, I had no proper internet connection for the last 4 weeks, I was playing single player quite a bit to keep me going, but I agree, the AI is auwful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Play it on hardest difficulty and put as many in as possible.
    Then try get 100 kills per round in the campaign thing.
    Its the only thing that makes it playable is going for certain amount of kills in as little time as possible.

If you want play any map for X minutes post a screen of your final score and I sticky it and see if anyone else can beat it.

Have to be on hardest difficulty no point on easy.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Get the 1.45 Patch, it fixes loads of bots issues, as in the basic version the bots keep hoppin in and out of vechicles, start shakin frantically and stuff like that is all fixed. Bots are ok to play agaisnt but as mentioned try and get loads of kills, using only one gun in a certain amount of time, like at omaha i got 178 kills with a sniper on 100 difficulty on the axis side in around 20mins. (30v30 by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

thanx for the info lads but the worst thing about the bots is that lack of support you get no answer to commands and dont even try to ask for a pick-up!
    I have isdn wot esle do i need to get sorted for online play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Play it on hardest difficulty and put as many in as possible.
    Then try get 100 kills per round in the campaign thing.
    Its the only thing that makes it playable is going for certain amount of kills in as little time as possible.

If you want play any map for X minutes post a screen of your final score and I sticky it and see if anyone else can beat it.

Have to be on hardest difficulty no point on easy.

kdjac
    Me and a friend have got about 2500 kills between us on a game of wake island in around an hour, but it only shows up to 255 kills, which we got in about 10minutes. We spent the first 5 minutes just getting things set up for our little trick to work, which includes an aichi-val, 1 allied spawn point, and a battleship...... we had 52 bots in that game..... and we had spam...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭gaizka71

I agree, MHO is much better game for single player, I have not tried 1942 on line but as a single player game is to say the least boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I was just wondering is there actualy any were you can go to download new bot modiles, as in counter-strike there are strumbots witch suck and joebots witch kick ass!

Battlefield1942 has always kept me hooked!

But if the were to release a new bot mod for us single players it wud be great and maybe my internet fee wud be alot lower.

Has anyone got any info on this subject??

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There will be no alternative bot released for the game for a l o n g time to come. The only way it would ever be possible was if EA were to release the SDK, but thats never going to happen*

You will be stuck with the AI already built into the game which isint all that bad. The game itself is made as a multiplayer and thats how it should be played :)

Though, i have found that Guadalcanal can provide some great single player battles, though any map is a good battle with 40+ bots :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    thanx for the info lads but the worst thing about the bots is that lack of support you get no answer to commands and dont even try to ask for a pick-up!
    I have isdn wot esle do i need to get sorted for online play?

all you need is the latest patch 1.45
    and the all seeing eye to find online games
    playing on uk servers with isdn is quiet stable
    set connection type as modem in game as the isdn option is for people using 128k isdn

tuxx, make that v1.5 size=1][i]More details on v1.5 [URL=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122504]here[/URL][/i][/size.

Yuo should have no problem playing online with ISDN with the new v1.5 patch. If I can do it on 56k [running at 40k] then you should have no problem on ISDN :)

• Advertisement

I can play with all 400%. But the bots just ****ing mangle you on impossible!!

Yes i agree the only good level i found for flying realy low is Guadalcanal:ninja:
    Hay winters wana game some day of bf if you give me the site(IP) your ushally on and the time you play at? Im sure this cud be an interesting Battle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

count me in too ;)

I only play on DC servers 'adslguide.org.uk'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's a multiplayer game. It wasn't designed for SP only. Play online. The way the game is meant to be played.

And get Desert Combat tbh, it's the beshtest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Personally, i love the SP game in Bf. Its the first WW2 game ive played that really feels like youre in a battle, not just playing like "move to point b. blow stuff up. proceed to point c. kill people. move to end of level".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Not that I've ever used it, but I think ASE has some sort of buddy feature. If people stuck their ASE user names here it'd make organising a game quite easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

What is it with people and Desert Combat? It sucks! stick to the O.G. WW2 action....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Desertcombat sucks? Crud, I'm such a dope for wasting so much time on it then.

I like it coz it's fun, oddly enough. Though yeah, going back to original BF1942 has been quite pleasant. Having to judge tank shell trajectories is nice.

Where do i get this all seeing eye\ ASE?

Whats its function?
    :confused:

Search through these forums and its everywhere.

ASE [All Seeing Eye] is a game server browser which lets you filter servers by ping, geographical locaton, password etc. Very useful. Its a small download and you can find it on the All Seeing Eye homepage.

Got it installed but now how do i use it? Can you take me through the steps? I ask you this because it said something about it being outdated and that they aren't liable to any dificultys under any circumstances.:eek: :eek: :eek:

:ninja: :ninja: ww) :ninja: :ninja:

• Advertisement
Advertisement