Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kane V Shane

• 18-10-2003 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think that this Fued is getting beyond a joke at this stage? Kane waking up from his "injuries" was very predictable and so on but how can they top the limo crash at Survivor Series?
    I thought it was funny when shane began the interview via Titantron. There seemed to be an errie silence in the crowd when they first saw Kane lyin there and it seemed to unnerve shane aswell.
    It'll be interesting to see what the writers come up with at SS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

The limo crash was boring and was nothing we didn't see before (re Survivor Series 2000, Austin dumping HHH in a car from a crane, only difference is back then they knew how to work the camera and not make a complete pigs ear of it).

And I mean, at the end of the day, what is Shane? A great wrestler? F*ck no! A man-sized bump machine? I do think so!

Now unless Shane intends to take an even bigger jump from a bigger stage, then Shane V Kane (again) is gonna be a snorefest serving only purpose, and thats to give the fans a chance to get popcorn/candy floss at the PPV.

Sorry, but I have to say it's gone beyond the joke as well.
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Yeah. Jumping from a stage doesn't work for me either!

The best match i've seen in a long time was RVD Vs. CLB a couple of weeks back on RAW. A classic ladder match that went back to basics and allowed RVD to pull out all the stops. CLB played a big part in making that one a Classic in my book. The added bonus was RVD winning the title although I believe he's capable of taking the extra step up.

Any thoughts on No Mercy tonite? The Father - Daughter match should be everything its supposed to be - s*&t.
    Don't know if i'll stay up to watch it. Probably just tape it.

Ok guys, Here's the list for the card for No Mercy card tonight as well as comments.

Chris Benoit V A-Train:
    Don't know how this is gonna fare out to be honest, it's gonna be either opening or second match in and for some reason I can see A-Train going over, for some reason, WWE insist in pushing this fat, talentless slug down our throats and Benoit has been nothing but a midcard joke for the last while anyway. A-Train for the win here.

Zach Gowen V Matt Hardy:
    This match originally pencilled in for Summerslam earlier this year. So the freakshow returns. Tough to call as it's Gowens comeback, but Hardy hasn't been on a PPV in a while. I'll go with Hardy on this, seeing as he's primed for a face turn soon anyway.

Kurt Angle V John Cena:
    This is going to be the star of the show, i expect it to go at least 20 minutes of solid wrestling. Cena's debut against Angle was amazing and it still makes me wonder what they could have done with an extra ten minutes. Cena is getting a major push and now that Angle doesn't have the belt, I can easily see Angle giving Cena the rub here. Cena to win.

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
    Tajiri vs. Rey Mysterio:

Gonna be a solid 15 minutes of a match here methinks, unless Tajiri chokes. I'm going Mysterio on this one, probably because I like him.

WWE U.S. Title Match
    Eddy Guerrero vs. The Big Show

Gurrero is going face soon so expect a screwjob ending here with Chavo interferingand costing Eddie the match. And the sooner this ends the better as I really don't wanna see another episode of Show getting the scutters from a dodgy burrito.

I Quit Match
    Vince McMahon vs. Stephanie McMahon

This is obvious, Vince is gonna win this one just like Goldie over Trips last month. Steph needs time to get hitches, unfortunately we can expect the same every other time she has "quit", she'll be back months later. Vince to win.

WWE Title Biker Chain Match
    Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

I have a stomach churning feeling that Undertaker is going over on this one, UT is being dragged along until WM when he's gonna retire I reckon. And as far fetched as it sounds, but a 5 month title reign isn't all that bad considering HHH on RAW. Taker to go over here folks.

So what you guys reckon?
    Shaun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Zach Gowen V Matt Hardy

YAWN :o

i was thinking how great it is that i havent seen him for a long time. as much as i like Matt Hardy i will probably be giving that one a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Angle V Cena seems like the only match worth watching.
    Jesus SD has gone down the tube!

And RAW will follow unless something changes quickly.

Fresh Blood & Fresh ideas needed and fast

By the way. Who is yer man who keeps bumpin into Austin on Raw? And who the hell is Little Johnie he keeps talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

To be honest,i think they should get in some more cruiserweights(yes,you heard me!!) They can have the matches that highlight the card,if they're on form-which none seem to be lately. I say bring in Jodie Fleisch and Jonny Storm. F*ckin' amazing it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I've made my feelings clear on the MacMahons insisting on getting involved in the matches before. If Shane want's to wrestle he should do so full time.

As for No Mercy

Cena - Angle, will steal the show, two top class men who can perform the right moves and can sell each others moves.

Tagiri - Mysterio, Should be a very good match, both guys have extrodinariy moves.

Benoit - Train, did benoit run over McMahons dog or something? Another victim to try and put over the hairest man in sports entertainment.

Gowen - Hardy, no build up at all, we havn't seen Gowen for months, I'll be shocked if it does anything at all.

Eddie - Show, Can Eddie perform the miriacle and pull this match out of the bag? Trying to work a match with Slow Show will make this almost impossible.

Taker- Lesnar, hard one to call, I think it'll be an O.K match with Lesnar to win (This'll set up a 'taker win at the next PPV and 'taker will retire at WM)

McMahon - McMahon, Why? Why? Why? Vince to win so that steph can get hitched, who really cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

overall i was not impressed by that at all, some good moments but it was all ruined by Michael Cole nearly creaming himself over Zack Gowen and the constant breaking up of the picture and sound coming from my digibox but some of the earleir matches i did enjoy
    anyway another main event ruined by the McMahons. they are really starting to piss me off. Vince v Steph blew big time

the earlier matches i did enjoy but the picture became unwatchable for the Angle v Cena match onwards :mad: i curse my digibox :mad:

Snorefest of a card put up by Snackdown, was this really the same crowd that put up a stormer in Vengeance only four months ago? :(

And just like i said, like last years No Mercy, Undertaker and Cena blew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

LOL Funaki, "Numba wan! Smackdown Announca!!"
    Whatever happened to that 'tard anyway?

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Probly jobbin to some guy that no1 knows their name in a dark match before the crowd even get into the arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Snorefest of a card put up by Snackdown, was this really the same crowd that put up a stormer in Vengeance only four months ago? :(

And just like i said, like last years No Mercy, Undertaker and Cena blew!

nero wtf do you want this was a grate ppv two matches sucked big time (mcmahon's and gohan) but this dose not make a snorfest you looking for negative points to talk about makes bad T.V. you didnt want to injoy this ppv and that is why you didnt.
    taught it was brilent to see benoit win by sharpshooter and the cominataters pick up on the stu hart conection.

P.S. what do you think of this ppv compared to raw

a-hole... the PPV was average at best!
    I actually looked forward to this PPV as i am a bigger fan of SD! over RAW. Smackdown in general don't waste their talent (at least they didn't, but looking at Rhyno and Benoit, makes me think differently now)

like i said on the No Mercy thread. Just because a PPV was better than the one before it, still doesn't make it a "Great" PPV. Eddie Guerrero and Matt Hardy were used as cannon fodder for Big Slow and Captain Legless? I wouldn't mind if it was entertaining to watch, but this time around, i couldn't find it as such.

They were able to get away with it when Heyman was writing it. It was FUNNY then.

I gave Kudos for the ending of the GayTrain/Benoit match for Benoit being able to continue after receiving the bang of a chair, but that match was still crap. I still had to endure over ten minutes of crap to get a good ending. Sorry, but a good ending doesn't make a good match.

This PPV compared to Unforgiven last month, as i stated was average, again because of bad storylines and it being centred around the McMahons and booking Lesnar with Taker (AGAIN, as if two PPV's last year wasn't enough!) the chain wasn't even a factor in it! And did you notice how many people actually groaned when the lights went off? People are sick of that finish!!

Oops, i went off on one! No Mercy was significantly better than last months Unforgiven. But that's not hard. Christ Bad Blood was better Unforgiven, and Bad Blood was down (by a lot of people) as the worst PPV of the f-ckin' year!

Roll on Survivor Series!
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement