Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAINTBALL????

Options
  • 11-08-1999 2:21am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Shinji whats the story?

DeV.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

well???

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

dev he moved into a new gaff with no internet connection and he also is banned from irc.quake.ie ring him on the mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

why is he banneD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I have no idea why I'm banned, in fact I don't even know if I AM banned, but I'll be ****ed if I get back online and find that I am...

Anyway.

With regards to the paintball... We're about 3 days away from the date we're supposed to be going, and I have a grand total of 6 people paid up. Which is a bit sh1t, really - I had about 25 people saying they were definite to go, and once it comes down to actually making the effort and paying up, nothing happens. This is a repeat of what happened to Slosh with the T-Shirts - loads of enthusiasm beforehand, but once it came to getting the finger out and paying for/collecting them, people simply couldn't be bothered. AFAIK, Slosh is still out of pocket over that little fiasco.

I'm not going to let the same thing happen here - I can't afford to end up 300 quid short over this, plain and simple. I'm going to have to cancel. I'm deeply pi$sed off, because I was really looking forward to this, and I know lots of others were too - but it's over a fortnight since I asked for the money side to be sorted out, and said that as long as 16 people came up, it was happening. That didn't happen - but so far only one person has told me that they can't make it, so I assume the rest of you just couldn't be bothered.

To those who paid up, I sincerely apologise - I won't cash any cheques sent to me, and I'll return money to the rest of ye when I next see you. To the rest of you - if you have no intention of doing something, don't put your name down. You've wasted a lot of my time, and other people's as well.

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

AFAIK, Shinji is NOT banned from irc. Donno where you got that info from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Shinji,

Tear up that cheque, should have arrived early this week. And Tom sorted me out re: the t-shirts but now he's out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bugger Shinji I was going to drop up to ya tonite with the wads. Was Car less until today. Hmm disappointed now but your right no point getting out of pocket because of it.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's not just the getting out of pocket paul - that I can stomach, since I just got paid for some work I did a while back, so I could live with it for a few weeks while I chased people up. It's the fact that without people paying, I have no guarantee that they'll turn up - and you can imagine the washout it'd be if only 7 or 8 bods arrived on the day, especially for people travelling from distances to it, like Slosh or Sher....

I realise that this is probably partially my own fault for not being able to make it to FTI, but ultimately lads, yuo had a fortnights notice...

Ja,
    Rob (anyone going on the beer Saturday nite?)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

even 7 or 8 bods would be cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

ah thats a right boot in the balls dayer.....

btw if theres any t shirts left ill take one.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

may sound a bit rich but i was going to head up to ya today with the cash smile.gif

bugger that anyway, was looking forward to splatting some people.

Theres always a next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

As I told ya rob, too close to me exams is that date...

also can you get in contact with me very soon over mail or mail me your no so I can ring you, stuff needs a sorten...

Ro

Ronin
    ronin@qamex.com
    www.qamex.com

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Yeah out fer the beer sounds like a laff.. cant make it to paintball though.. soz..

Where and when fer those beers then 3=O]

yer man,
    Chiefy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I've been working outragous hours in work the past weeks, including overtime on Saturdays and Sundays.

I tried ringing you early yesterday but I couldnt get through at all.. I think I ****ed up your number :/

Anyway if you're up for rescheduling it I'm still on for going...

Kegs.

Advertisement