Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house hunting, Co.Longford

Options
  • 18-10-2003 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

I've seen a 4 bedroom house for sale in Co.Longford, Ballinalee. I was thinking about buying the house and letting it out. I was wondering if any of you know about this area, is it likely to be expanding over the next 10 years? any colleges planed !?!

Basically what I'm asking is, Is it a good idea to let out a house in this area?

Ta

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

kinda not what your looking for but athloe is expanding at some rate, and it ain't all that expencive, an estate i'm working on the house went for about 180,000, which is good for their location.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by ando
    I've seen a 4 bedroom house for sale in Co.Longford, Ballinalee. I was thinking about buying the house and letting it out. I was wondering if any of you know about this area, is it likely to be expanding over the next 10 years? any colleges planed !?!

Basically what I'm asking is, Is it a good idea to let out a house in this area?

Ta

I bought a house in Longford (Edgeworthstown) recently, and had no problem letting it out. My tenants are a professional couple who moved from Dublin. They responded to an ad I placed on www.daft.ie , but I had also been in touch with a local letting agent who certainly had no shortage of unmarried mothers/ refugees et al, had I wanted that type of tenant.

As far as the area is concerned, I'm not familiar with Ballinalee, but the whole county has tax relief designation (Section 23 type, rural renewal relief) provided your property is new and complete before end 2004, which is the only reason I invested in the area. Having said that, there is a large pharma company (can't recall their name at the moment) building a new plant near Longford town soon, so that should be a major boost to the local economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

thanks for the advice ;)

Advertisement