Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions

Options
  • 18-10-2003 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I have lived in England for the past 8 years and did my driving test there and hold an English licence. I am coming home next year to live and have two questions I wonder would anyone be able to answer.
    1. Can I change my UK licence for an Irish one and how do I do this?
    2. I have 5 years No Claims Discount with an English insurance company can I use this NCD with an Irish insurance company?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

You can change the licence. Ring a Garda station and ask them how you do it.

Yes, Irish insurance companies do take UK NCB into consideration. Not sure if you get 1:1, but you probably do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mate

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Beware Irish driving!

Advertisement