Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Vs CFC

• 18-10-2003 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

They deserved it far better in the second half and I can see what Cudicini was trying to do but unfortunately it didn't come off he was trying to collect it and roll it out quickly, I thought our makeshift def Melchiot and Huth did well for most parts, couldn't believe the 3 were out injured, a great goal by Crespo lovely ball by Geremi the only bright spot to come out of the whole game.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

And the score was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm not allowed to give the score otherwise there will be WW3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Arsenal 2 -1 Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Arsenal 1) duff made the most ridiculous attempt at a block from a mediocre free-kick that went into the net. reminds me of arsenal vs. shaktar donetsk a few years back. pires did hte same thing.

Chelsea 1) Crespo cuts inside and does a more powerful shot than pires did recently. but with less magnificance. Lehmann (who i remember was opting for superman with his dives against feynoord in the Uefa cup 2 years back) just sidestepped and didn't even move his hand. he could have gotten it.

Aresnal 2) Cudicini. LOL. all that can be said. like dudek against man utd. last season. they should have a bought a keeper. even seaman is better than that. he's only bad when it's too high. actually JUST above head level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Does anyone believe that the Chelsea elite will be upset by that loss and will take a while to get over it ? Sounds like a typical Chelsea season ahead . . blowing hot and cold with no real concistency due to too many top players upset at not getting a game.

I think the trophy will be down to Man United and Arsenal again this year. I foresee a bad period for Chelski coming up.

I thought Duffer wasn't great today.

Just heard on the news that there is unease in the camp already. Makelele says would prefer to be back at Madird and only came to Chelsea for the money ! Hardly inspires now, does it ?

Tinky

Tinky I wouldn't go that far we havent beaten Arse since a Hughes goal in 95 I didn't expect us to win yesterday Utd lost to Soton but they weren't calling for Fergies head after the game.
    I have no complaints about yesterday we lost fair and square.

Quote:
    . . . Utd lost to Soton but they weren't calling for Fergies head after the game.

????? Who's calling for anyones head !? I merely made an observation and said what I heard on the news. Is this over reaction as a result of yesterdays loss ? Maybe thats what will be Chelsea's downfall :D;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Arsenal deserved it
    u couild say the goals were lucky but overall the score should have been alot more in arsenal's favour

Chelski didnt really threaten at all apart from crespo's shot

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nice result for Arsenal.

The fixture list looks good for the upcoming suspensions. Arsenal don't have to play Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle again until the 21st of February. 4 long months!

Anyway, regardless of possible upcoming suspensions its been a fantastic start of the season for Arsenal. Unbeaten in the league having played all the major rivals once. On to Charlton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Arsenal don't have to play Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle again until the 21st of February.
    that'll be a tough day for them ! ;-)

not an entirely unexpected result as chels always manage to lose at the Library, shame it had to be such a clanger for the winner and a bit lucky / poor defensive awareness for the first.

thought a draw would have been a fair result though we didn't create an awful lot of chances, we'll just have to win at the bridge this year.

Like many i'm failing to see teh rationale behind taking duff off, joe cole isn't gonna make my fantasy chelsea team , thought he did very little once he came on and doesn't keep possession half as well as the Duffer.

Minor expected blip for Chelsea. Arsenal must have been under strict instructions to play football yesterday , hardly any oscar performances at all even from "I'm nearly dead" Pires. :-)

To be fair Duff didn't have a great game I know that may be hard for people to fathom but even The Duff man has an off day.
    Joe Cole seems to do well when he comes off the bench but does v little when he starts a game this has been evident against Zilina and B'gham hopefully he'll improve.
    Bridge Claude and Huth were our best players on Sat Glen Johnson will have to work on his crossing.

Advertisement