Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Premiership=20 teams not 4

• 19-10-2003 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Surely we see enough of the Arse, Chelski and Manure (en)during the Champions League without having them exposed endlessly on RTEs Premiership.Tonights humdinger showed us 53 minutes from 2 matches and 3minutes from the other 4.
    Old Okey Doke and Groaning Grandad Giles drivelling on and on makes it even less watchable.COYW BTTC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i agree they should show more teams but the majority of ppl who watch the show support these teams.

could you imangine what would happen if they didn't cover them at all???

there would be riots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

They cover what the majority of people are interested in. makes smart business sense.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It attracts advertising revenue, thus guaranteeing there will actually be a programme there next week for the minor teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Oh come on! It's important to us Irish football fans to get a weekly indepth update on how the BEST teams in England are doing! Otherwise how else are we going to decide on which teams to follow season-to-season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Its called The Premiership , not the Man U show...

That said, the two obvious matches to show yesterday were the Man U/Leeds and Arsenal/Chelsea matches, none of the others stood out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyopne know what happened about the possibility of an Irish tv station showing one match live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Alanm

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Its called The Premiership , not the Man U show...

That said, the two obvious matches to show yesterday were the Man U/Leeds and Arsenal/Chelsea matches, none of the others stood out.

Surely the 8 goal thriller between Man City and Bolton would have been a better game to show?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by PHB
    Anyopne know what happened about the possibility of an Irish tv station showing one match live?

I dont know if the tender has been won yet or not but next year there will be a saturday game available to Ireland. I would imagine SKY will buy it - cant see TV3 or RTE having the cash.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quote:
    ....and Groaning Grandad Giles drivelling on ...

I don't think thats a fair observation about Giles. The man talks a lot of sense and his views are often valid. Anyone ever listened to him on Off the ball on News Talk 106 ? His observations, comments and predictions are often spot on.

It seems that old "loive" and his drivel overtakes Giles' sense and casts a bad view of the whole program.

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Quote:
    ....and Groaning Grandad Giles drivelling on ...

quoted by tinky.
    I don't think thats a fair observation about Giles.

Its an Irish Thing to knock great players who have done a service for their country.;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Its an Irish Thing to knock great players who have done a service for their country.;)
    ... and sometimes even when they DIDN'T do a service for their country :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Leave Mick McCarthy out of this ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Considering some of your posts about football it does not surprise me that you consider Mick as a "Great Player";)

I dont think even mick himself would be stupid enough to class himself so.:D

Considering some of your posts about football it does not surprise me that you consider Mick as a "Great Player";)

I dont think even mick himself would be stupid enough to class himself so.

Whatever *yawn*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Giles is by far and away the best pundit on any station - fact.

Originally posted by James Hunt
    Giles is by far and away the best pundit on any station - fact.
    I agree he is the best, but Hansen isn't far off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Hansen once labeled Heskey as being "world class" LMAO.
    Soccer Sat pundits are poor and Jeff Stelling really gets on my nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bill O Herlihy needs to be gotten rid of. he is ****e

anyone notice how yer man said after the newcastle game that it ended goal less

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

anyone notice how yer man said after the newcastle game that it ended goal less

Yeah I spotted that. I was fully expecting Bill to do stupid trademark grin and say '.... and by goalless he of course meant 1-0', but it never happened :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

Unlikely, AFAIK its his company owns the rights in Ireland.

He also has the rights to GAA in the US, and is making a fortune out of it.

Canny guy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Unlikely, AFAIK its his company owns the rights in Ireland.

didnt know that at all. i thought it was the PL who sold them directly to RTÉ. was it him who kept highlights away from RTÉ for all those years. if it was it reinforces my opinion that he is a muppet :mad:

Advertisement