Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using Bootvis??

• 19-10-2003 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I've just started to use it myself and I've noticed a huge differance in boot time and shutdown. I have a few concerns though, like why Microsoft don't make it available anymore.

For anyone who hasn't heard of bootvis: "In a nutshell, it optimises your startup routine, so Windows boots much more efficiently, which of course results in a faster boot time.

You simply run the application everyonce in a while, it will then restart your computer, and upon startup, it will optimise your startup files etc etc, and then next time you reboot, your OS (XP SP1 only) should load a lot faster".

Has anyone experienced any problems while using it? Why has Microsoft taken it off their site?

Advertisement