Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question?

• 19-10-2003 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I know this sounds silly, but does anyone know how to make the Euro sign on a Dell keyboard??

Works fine on my Thinkpad by pressing Ctrl+Alt+4... I've tried every combination there is on my Dell PC to no avail:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Alt Gr + 4

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ívé ónly récéntly díscóvéréd thé úséfúlnéss óf ált+gr.
    (why yes, i am bored)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The euro symbol only depends on the FONT and Keyboard DRIVER it has Nothing to do with the keyboard.

If you have NT4 or Win95 (win98?) then download the euro drivers & fonts from microsoft web site

If you have 2K or ME or XP then the euro should be built in - just make sure your keyboard settings are not set to US / US English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

There's a thread here on getting fadas to work on your keyboard, basically once they're working, the € will work too, provided you have Windows 2000/Me/XP. If you have Windows NT 4, you need this page, the Windows 95 version is here. Windows 98 is already supported as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ALT+F4

dont know what the Gr is about though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

dont know what the Gr is about though
    Gr stands for Grammer

Its Alt Gr + 4 on my Dell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

and if you are really nerdy you can keep your finger on alt and press 0128 on the number pad. €, see? I just did it there

Advertisement