Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo xbox vs Halo PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The single played game isn't much cop is it? I just finished it today. It's just your typical 'get from point A to point B' game with a wilfully cheezy si-fi plot. At least Half Life had some interesting environments and set pieces to punctuate the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i downloaded the halo trial demo off of microsofts website, now i have a:
    2.8 p4
    512 mb ram
    and a geforce 3 ti 200

every other game i have works fine from flashpoint, moh, UT2K3 and so on but when i try to start it i get an error saying....

a problem occured initalizing direct3d. hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG

now i have directx 9.0b and i ran all the tests and they all passed, i have all the latest drivers too...

i just want to know for myself what it is like on pc as i have an xbox... any suggestions would be greatful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Just recently got to play the X-box version on a mates X-box and jesus, multiplayer mode is FUN. Rally mode is fantastic fun.. racing for those checkpoints as you sneakily hop onto the back of your truck and use the turret to gun down your friends just before they get to the checkpoints. I don't think there is anything more satisfying than stealing a truck and leaving the other player to walk while laughing in his face.. Brilliant fun :)

Only played one level co-op, must try some more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I'm not getting into this as that was such a completely ludicrous statement, I could sit here all day listing titles that look infinitely better.

Go on, name 3.

But your only allowed to have 1 based on unreal warfare, and the games must be available now.

Cant wait to see what you come up with...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

halo totaly sux the donkey, graphics are laughable, on x-box and pc, you'd need 2000 antialiasing to smooth out the ladders in this piece of shít, playin a real game now, max payne 2, lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki

Go on, name 3.

But your only allowed to have 1 based on unreal warfare, and the games must be available now.

Cant wait to see what you come up with...

Actually I could name a hell of a lot more than 3, and while I normally do stay away from something once I say I'm done I'll humour you and even just stick to the FPS/TPS's I've played personally most recently (no mention of other styles like Hegemonia, Freelancer etc. or the many I haven't played personally):

Unreal 2 - PC
    Freedom Fighters - PC
    Brute Force - Xbox

Nothing personal mate, but you need to play a few more games before you make definitive statements like that. I loved Halo on the Xbox, one of my fave games of all time, but the PC version is a cop out of a port.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I actually found Halo to be a far better looking game than the 3 you mentioned especially the PC version. Unreal 2 my have a better engine but looks nowhere near as good as Halo thanks to a lack of imagination and boring artwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gibreal

Can any1 actually notice the difference between Pixel shader 1.4 and 2.0. Got a 9700pro and I can't say I see any difference(besides a performance increase even after taking screenshots.)

Advertisement