Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA credit card?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by parsi
    total incompetence on their side...
    Not necessarily.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Yes they charged eur6 if I remember correctly. part of the delay was due to the fact that the cheque got separated at the Data Office end (for some stupid reason - after all it was addressed to the Data Management Office or whatever they called it) and they couldn´t find a card held in my name so they sent it back to my bank...total incompetence on their side...

When applying for a copy of your personal information under the terms of the Data Protection Act it is usually a good idea to address the letter to "The Company Secretary" at the company's head/registered office. He/She will realise the importance of replying withing the time periods set out in the Act.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by Victor
    Not necessarily.....

Well I consider it to be.. a letter addressed to a specific person & title as specified by them, at an address in the UK (i.e. not their usual "send your payment here" address) and with a cheque stapled to it which also bore reference to its purpose and they say they never received my letter yet erroneously returned my cheque..hmm... actually I´ll put it stronger ho hum!

.. and they still mail me invites to sign up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well I consider it to be.. a letter addressed to a specific person & title as specified by them, at an address in the UK (i.e. not their usual "send your payment here" address) and with a cheque stapled to it which also bore reference to its purpose and they say they never received my letter yet erroneously returned my cheque..hmm... actually I´ll put it stronger ho hum!

.. and they still mail me invites to sign up...

You mention sending it to an address in the UK. Therefore the UK data protection act would apply.

Anyone know what the differences are?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Victor
    Not necessarily.....
    I was politely suggesting subterfuge.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ah !

Never thought of that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

OK, so not all of the reps are
    freakin wierdos
    The two at the MBNA stand at Dublin Airport were quite nice :) And they were offering something better for joining up (Don't recall what it was, but it was far better than a
    ridiculous little clock that you coulda bought in the €uro shop
    :p

It is what it's.

Advertisement