Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keano not the player he once was !? (score)

• 19-10-2003 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

There's mud in your eye sooth sayers !

Keane, as always, there for the team and battling. Good away win for United with a great goal from the captain.

With Chelsea's loss that leaves it to Arsenal and Man U to battle it out coming up to xmas in my opinion.

Leeds 0 Man U 1

Tinky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by tinky
    With Chelsea's loss that leaves it to Arsenal and Man U to battle it out coming up to xmas in my opinion.

What the hell are you on about?

The season is only 9 games in, all the big teams have to play each other again (and in some cases they haven't played yet).

Its way to early to be saying its any sort of a race, never mind a two horse one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quote:

Are your reading abilities failing you ? Do you believe that United and Arsenal are not going to be in the top 3 come May ?

Chelsea are the only other real contenders for the throne and I don't believe they have what it takes this year to do it. Liverpool are already written off as long as Heskey and GH are there, and Newcastle have blown their chance nesstling in the lower part of the table and not looking like they can do much about it. That with the rape allegations against some of their players will see them off.

Tinky

Quote:

Are your reading abilities failing you ? Do you believe that United and Arsenal are not going to be in the top 3 come May ?

Chelsea are the only other real contenders for the throne and I don't believe they have what it takes this year to do it. Liverpool are already written off as long as Heskey and GH are there, and Newcastle have blown their chance nesstling in the lower part of the table and not looking like they can do much about it. That with the rape allegations against some of their players will see them off.

I think if Arsenal are hit by 6 suspensions they will struggle to maintain their current form. I have seen nothing at chelsea to suggest to me that they can't win the title this year. Newcastle had a start to the season just as bad last year and still challenged to the end. Liverpool could quite easily make up the 12 point gap by january.

Its way to early to write any team off. I agree Utd and Arsenal will most *likely* be the champions at the end, but to say its a two horse race is ridiculous. Look at the history of the game: Man City, Norwich top 3 teams at christmas... relegated that season. You can't write teams off this soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There's mud in your eye sooth sayers !
    Keane, as always, there for the team and battling. Good away win for United with a great goal from the captain.

I Have to agrre with you Tinky. Classic Keano popping up in the box in the dying minutes to clinch a goal. Just goes to show what the Gobsh1ts that were saying he's past it know.

The title will be a close run thing this year but with United getting off to their best start in a decade we should be there or there abouts as usual next may.

I Thought Rio had his best game in a long time yesterday which was good considering the week he had. Howard didnt have to mak a save at all.

Quote:

I think if Arsenal are hit by 6 suspensions they will struggle to maintain their current form.

For alot of the season last year United had injuries to key - Keane - Beckham - Neville etc. players and went on to win so I dont put much value on that comment.

Quote:
    I have seen nothing at chelsea to suggest to me that they can't win the title this year.

I think Chelsea's problem is too many players that expect to be playing every week. These players will get disillusioned as the season continues. Already one of their players, Makelele, is stirring it up. You can't have a succesful team if your players would prefer to be elsewhere.

As for Newcastle nine games in and in the bottom 6, team morale low over the rape allegations and league position. I agree they wont be there for ever but to bounce back into contention - I think not !

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

keane will NEVER be past it, 50% of keane is pure voice and motivation, you cant teach or manufacture that kind of passion, the other 50% is his footballing ability.

if keane had 1 leg and a broken arm, id still play him purely for the effect he has on everyone else, he's one in a million. chipped in with a briliant header yesterday and got us the 3 points.

shows he hasnt lost the old box to box play, had a good hard shot saved yesterday too.

For alot of the season last year United had injuries to key - Keane - Beckham - Neville etc. players and went on to win so I dont put much value on that comment.

I think Chelsea's problem is too many players that expect to be playing every week. These players will get disillusioned as the season continues. Already one of their players, Makelele, is stirring it up. You can't have a succesful team if your players would prefer to be elsewhere.

As for Newcastle nine games in and in the bottom 6, team morale low over the rape allegations and league position. I agree they wont be there for ever but to bounce back into contention - I think not !

Utd had much more strength in depth than arsenal last season, but if you take away the players up for suspension at arsenal at the same time, can you put out a championship winning team?

Fair point on Chelsea's "problems" but to be fair they have two sets of 11 players that would walk into most teams. On the pitch, domestically at least, they haven't been too badly effected.

Strange thing about the team moraleat Newcastle, since the allegations broke they have played three games, won three games and not conceeded. They seem pretty hard hit! Siege mentality anyone?

I'm not saying that it won't be Arsenal or Utd, I'm just saying don't be premature in writing off everyone else, I have a feeling it will be a long season. Not so long ago Newcastle gave up a 12 point lead at the top of premiership and even Utd were pulled back 8 points. And they were both from Feb on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

I don't think (or ever thought) Keane's scrap heap material. It's just that he can't put in that kind of a performances as regularily as he used to so in that respect he is 'past it'. Even Ferguson is using him sparingly these days (he only started 19 of their premiership games last season).

As for Liverpool / Newcastle ... they will most likely be top 5 by the end of the season. That's (sadly) the way the Premiership works. Doesn't matter how (relatively) bad you are playing as long as you have strong squad to see you through the second half of the season when all around you are falling due to fatigue and injury.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by smemon
    if keane had 1 leg and a broken arm, id still play him purely for the effect he has on everyone else, he's one in a million. chipped in with a briliant header yesterday and got us the 3 points.
    You've just reminded me of the Black Knight scene from the Holy Grail... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Originally posted by Robbo
    You've just reminded me of the Black Knight scene from the Holy Grail... :)

Keane : T'is just a flesh wound boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jaysus ya would swear Keane is God himself. What aload of tripe.

The man scores a goal (fair played I must say) and all of a sudden, he is a ****ing legend again. The man is nowhere near the player he used to be and will play more and more and bit part role for the rest of the season. The man is coming to the end and its time for United to find an adequate replacement!

Did ya see Heskey scored the other night.. I still think he is a useless donkey, you boys probably think he is deadly! ;)

The man scores a goal (fair played I must say) and all of a sudden, he is a ****ing legend again.

He never ceased being a legend in Utd Fans eyes.
    The man is coming to the end and its time for United to find an adequate replacement!

He has at least another two good seasons left in him yet, then we'll buy viera;)

Originally posted by The Muppet
    He never ceased being a legend in Utd Fans eyes.

He has at least another two good seasons left in him yet, then we'll buy viera;)

Two seasons, sorry but you are being way to optimistic. This season will be he last proper one, then you will see him becoming a member of the Ferguson gang (some would argue he has been a memeber since the last world cup)..

Two seasons, sorry but you are being way to optimistic.

Thats me.;)

He said on dunphy the other night he hoped to haveat least 2 left. He is plaing really welll this season and he is still only 32 and playing midfield. I expect him to move back into defence for a Season before he retires as SMermon pointed out he brings a lot more to the team than his playing ability.

He said on dunphy the other night he hoped to haveat least 2 left. He is plaing really welll this season and he is still only 32 and playing midfield. I expect him to move back into defence for a Season before he retires as SMermon pointed out he brings a lot more to the team than his playing ability.

Eternally optimistic huh. yet ya diss us Liverpool supporters for doing the same thing!! tut tut tut

As for Smemons point, he can do that sitting on the bench, chewing gum and shouting abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Jaysus ya would swear Keane is God himself. What aload of tripe.

The man scores a goal (fair played I must say) and all of a sudden, he is a ****ing legend again. The man is nowhere near the player he used to be and will play more and more and bit part role for the rest of the season. The man is coming to the end and its time for United to find an adequate replacement!

Did ya see Heskey scored the other night.. I still think he is a useless donkey, you boys probably think he is deadly! ;)

No, no, Bruno is a donkey - thats obvious.

You have it up your arse about Keane though. If you think its just because he scored a goal yesterday, then you are a halfwit. Look at Keane's performances near the end of last year and at the start of this season and you will see what Keano fans mean. He has been United player of the year so far and has been MOTM in at least 4 matches....so back to the drawing board there fella.

Nowhere near the player he used to be my arse. Turning up late in the box on the end of a cross (Leicester, Leeds), does that ring a bell? Maybe he won't do it as much, but to say he is not as good as he used to be is just plain wrong. He has changed his game thats all. The end result is the same.

His career is coming to an end no doubt. I would think the end of the 04/05 season if he stays injury free.

Eternally optimistic huh. yet ya diss us Liverpool supporters for doing the same thing!!

What do ye have to be optimistic about?:confused::D

What do ye have to be optimistic about?:confused::D

I often wonder myself, beats blind faith ;)

Originally posted by James Hunt
    No, no, Bruno is a donkey - thats obvious.

You have it up your arse about Keane though. If you think its just because he scored a goal yesterday, then you are a halfwit. Look at Keane's performances near the end of last year and at the start of this season and you will see what Keano fans mean. He has been United player of the year so far and has been MOTM in at least 4 matches....so back to the drawing board there fella.

Nowhere near the player he used to be my arse. Turning up late in the box on the end of a cross (Leicester, Leeds), does that ring a bell? Maybe he won't do it as much, but to say he is not as good as he used to be is just plain wrong. He has changed his game thats all. The end result is the same.

His career is coming to an end no doubt. I would think the end of the 04/05 season if he stays injury free.

There was me thinking no one would ever post a bit long post , thank god for enthusiastic newbies :D

Well my initial post was laced with sarcasm. Keane has been a the spine of the united squad for years and no one could or will dispute that.

The man is coming to the end of his carear however, and I dont see what the problem is in saying this, really like. The man is crippled with injuries and has publicly admitted that he is going to participate less and less. By you acknowledging he is scores less and all, you are agreeing with exaclty what I said.

Is it just me, or did UdahOne have a similar posting stlye and homer simpson as his avatar too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

have seen nothing at chelsea to suggest to me that they can't win the title this year.

You miss the Arsenal game then? the villa game? the birmingham game? tbh a lot of games this year they have been lucky to win.

They have not looked as good as i thought they would. Against Arsenal they were clearly the poorer side (on the day). Now i know it takes time for a team to gel and im not saying they wont win it in the future but not this year imo. They will be there abouts but not quite there.

Keane did a LOT more than score a goal yesterday. If you even just watched the Premiership's highlights you would have seen him doign a fair amount of work and most of it was great stuff.
    He'll never be consistantly at his best but as long as he puts in a performance like that eveyr couple of games he'll be worth his weight in gold to Man u.

Jesus speculating how long he does and doesnt have left. If the man says he hopes at least 2 more years then thats what hes aiming for. 32 isnt THAT old ffs. i can see at least 2 more seasons but there no point in saying he deffo will opr deffo wont. I dont think any of us can see into the future or you'd own Man u or L'pool or whoever at this stage.

Is it just me, or did UdahOne have a similar posting stlye and homer simpson as his avatar too?

Give it a rest imo. If this guy does something to break the rules then he'll be gone sharpish. Until then keep it on topic or go talk to a mod in pm. Keep it offa the discussion threads.

(i know i too have gone off topic and i apologise)

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    You miss the Arsenal game then?

Taking nothing away from Arsenal, a freak incident cost Chelsea the game. They were unlucky.

the villa game? the birmingham game? tbh a lot of games this year they have been lucky to win.

Thats what we call championship form, where a team plays badly and still gets the result. Arsenal have done it more than once this season as have Utd (Wolves anyone?).

Keane did a LOT more than score a goal yesterday. If you even just watched the Premiership's highlights you would have seen him doign a fair amount of work and most of it was great stuff.
    He'll never be consistantly at his best but as long as he puts in a performance like that eveyr couple of games he'll be worth his weight in gold to Man u.

Yup, Keane is worth more than his performances on the pitch.
    In him, Fergeson has a player and a leader that echos his every sentiment, was never more importan than when the boys needed akick up the arse last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

I don't know who Udahone is - but I like being called 'this guy'.

Anyway, Jesus_tha_gre, you implied thatKeane is not as good as he once was, and I claim that he has changed his game a liitle, but he is still as good.

Quote:
    In him, Fergeson has a player and a leader that echos his every sentiment, was never more importan than when the boys needed akick up the arse last season.

FFS I so wanted to get stuck into you after some of your earlier posts but now now I find myself . . well . . almost not wanting to get stuck into you so much. (wipes tear from eye !)

It's not Keanes footballing ability that makes him the player he is. It's his dedication and presence on the pitch. It's not so much the opposition fearing Keane' wrath it's his team mates knowing they will get a bollocking if they f**k up. Most teams dread going in at half time to face the manager when a game is going bad, at United they have Keane on the pitch so they don,t have to wait !!!

Tinky

Quote:

FFS I so wanted to get stuck into you after some of your earlier posts but now now I find myself . . well . . almost not wanting to get stuck into you so much. (wipes tear from eye !)

It's not Keanes footballing ability that makes him the player he is. It's his dedication and presence on the pitch. It's not so much the opposition fearing Keane' wrath it's his team mates knowing they will get a bollocking if they f**k up. Most teams dread going in at half time to face the manager when a game is going bad, at United they have Keane on the pitch so they don,t have to wait !!!

Tinky

So there is an acknowledgement that he is not the player is was? That is, his ability to play the way he used to has diminished and is now getting a place because of his motivation skils?

Would it not be better to make him a coach and let him do the same job from the sidelines? That way you can have someone on the pitch who can influence the game more effectively?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

To be honest, I don't think Keane was ever as influencial on a game as he is now, motivation and performance wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

So there is an acknowledgement that he is not the player is was? That is, his ability to play the way he used to has diminished and is now getting a place because of his motivation skils?

Would it not be better to make him a coach and let him do the same job from the sidelines? That way you can have someone on the pitch who can influence the game more effectively?

Going by that logic Newcastle should drop Alan Shearer because hes not the player he once was, try telling that to a Newcastle Supporter.

Yes his game has changed, hes has to curb his agression, but hes more use to United on the pitch than when hes suspended or injured. Keane was average last season(well the games he was fit to play, but he wasnt match fit), also for the last couple of years he has been dropping back further and further with less forward runs. However alredy this season, I've noticed Keane getting forward more times than he has in the last 2 seasons. If he stays fit, it looks like he will have his best season since 99/2000.

That way you can have someone on the pitch who can influence the game more effectively?

:rolleyes:

He influenced the game perfectly on Saturday from where he belongs , on the pitch. I understand why supporters of other clubs would be happy to see him left on the sideline but hopefully thats a couple of years off.:D

• Advertisement

Ok, this is gonne get silly if I keep forcing my point.

Firstly, he scored one goal, sure so did Heskey. Technically he influenced the game. We all still accept Heskey is useless though. I am not saying Keana is useless, he is an excellent player but he is coming to the end of his career, quickly!

I am just making the point that you will begin to see him less and less on the pitch as the season progresses. Secondly, another injury is going to finish him off and will see him stuck to the subs bench for a long time. Thirdly, he can still make the contribution to the team that he does, while sitting on the bench roaring at people.

A club of Uniteds size and success need to plan for the future. Its time to get a replacement for Keane and phase him out over the coming months. Lets face it, Butt is not gonna be his replacement so they are gonna have to buy big to get a player of the same calibre as Keane.

I am just being realistic I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I agree with you, a long term replacement is needed, but who is out there apart from maybe Gattusso of Milan, theres no other similar type of player out there who is young enough, all the players with the same qualaties as Keane are in the same age bracket. I also agree with you saying Butt is not good enough. But what I dont agree with you is saying Keane should be made a coach and dropped to the bench just because he may get injured this season. Again I use the shearer analogy and Newcastle, should Shearer be dropped because he may get injured and coach from the bench?

Until a proper replacement has been found Ferguson cannot contemplate relegating Keane to a coaching role from the bench. On a side note, I think fergie brought in Djemba Djemba as Keanes long term replacement, but I think hes realised he just too raw a talent and theres a lot more work to be done than he thought.

This is a nonsense, Keane is quite simply the best player to play a midfield role in the premiership.

He is more than just influential to Utd, he is talismanic. Compare their achivements with and without him. Even when he is not his best he is still twice as good as 53.642% (I caluclated) of the starting central midfielders in the premiership imho.

Also, he is Fergies megaphone, he has spoken out against his own team mates and the team performances, Fergie is slow to criticise his own players, but Keane never is, and have you ever seen Keane pulled up over it? No, why because Roy is right.

Thats what we call championship form, where a team plays badly and still gets the result. Arsenal have done it more than once this season as have Utd (Wolves anyone?).

Perhaps, or perhaps they just got very lucky. yes i know Man U have their fair share of bad games but they are a proven side and other teams win games while playing badly and arent called title contenders as we know they won't be there at the end. It's too early imo still. We have seen very little of Chelsea and the amount of games they have impressed over games they have not is highly in favour of the games they haven't.....thus far.

Seriously i hope im wrong about Chelsea. Would be exciting to have a 3 horse race if somewhat bad for the nerves and emotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

nobody can ever replace keane, sure someone will come in and take his place but talent like that doesnt grow on trees.

gattuso, vieira etc are all excellent players but none of them inspire as much as keane does. if he were to stay on the sidelines he would have less influence for one reason- he cant effect the opposition, dont forget keane is a big name with big experience and opposition know there in for a battle when keane plays.

say u had holland or carsly in there (an example). it doesnt strike as much fear into a team as keane does. keane himself said some games are won and lost before a kick. he could see it in peoples eyes, resigned to defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

There is a player in the Youth Squad called Micheal Stewart who seems to be fairly ****ing slick, and has great potential :) With Keane training him in who knows where he might go :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PHB
    There is a player in the Youth Squad called Micheal Stewart who seems to be fairly ****ing slick, and has great potential :) With Keane training him in who knows where he might go :)
    Most definately! Ever since I seen him play against Sunderland a couple of years back (with O'Shea and all the other youngsters) I was thinking to myself. "This guy will be a ready made replacement for Keane". Hopefully he will develop into just that.

There is a player in the Youth Squad called Micheal Stewart who seems to be fairly ****ing slick
    Aint bad in cm4 either ;)

There is a player in the Youth Squad called Micheal Stewart who seems to be fairly ****ing slick, and has great potential With Keane training him in who knows where he might go

I,v seen him a few times play in the reserves, he is a tough no nonsense type who takes no prisoners in a tackle( like Keano), I would expect to see him come through into the first team in the near future.

Before the gloating begins, yes I saw Keane play tonight and yes he had a decent game.

As for the result, a travesty.

He played brilliantly

• Advertisement

A very entertaining end to end game spoiled by the scots booing an Irish player each and every time he touched the ball. Jeez was I wishing Keano would shut the feckers up the best way possible . . by scoring.

A good performance by both teams with united just in front playing with skill as opposed to Rangers who played to the crowd. The return game should be interesting n'est pas !!!!

Tinky

He played brilliantly

Vintage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A very entertaining end to end game spoiled by the scots booing an Irish player each and every time he touched the ball. Jeez was I wishing Keano would shut the feckers up the best way possible . . by scoring.

A good performance by both teams with united just in front playing with skill as opposed to Rangers who played to the crowd. The return game should be interesting n'est pas !!!!

Tinky

Yet when the irish fans boo Rangers players or even ex rangers players at internationals it's okay :rolleyes:

Enjoyable game, felt that Rangers deserved something out of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

uhh, keane kicked ass last night. Yes he is the player he once was, he just has a different role now. NEXT!

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Yet when the irish fans boo Rangers players or even ex rangers players at internationals it's okay :rolleyes:

Enjoyable game, felt that Rangers deserved something out of it though.
    The Irish fans booing Rangers and ex-Rangers can be deemed as mildly racist I agree. But Rangers fans booing Irish players can be deemed as intentionally racist.

The Rangers fans were booing them because of where they were FROM. The Irish (Celtic) fans that were booing the Rangers players at Landsdowne because they are a rival club. There is no excuse for the Rangers fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

All rangers fans are a bunch of [snip]people, just like any other bunch of people, there are bad and good ones.[/snip]

After comming out of a celtic vs hearts game a good few years ago, a few hundred celtic supporters took a wrong turn, myself included. We ended up in rangers land, and a rangers supporter ran out of his house with a knife, and stabbed a 19 year old in the neck, who later died in hospital. I was only about 12 at the time, and that memory will stay with me forever.

[snip]You get one chance sjones and this is it, I understand that you had a bad personal experience with a Rangers fan but to label them all as you did is unacceptable, and against forum rules, one more such outburst and you are out for a week.[/snip]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

What a performance by keane last night as he he completely controlled the midfield and did not let the ranger fans anger him when they were singing anti fenian songs

[snip]Same applies to you viper[/snip]

Originally posted by PORNAPSTER
    The Irish fans booing Rangers and ex-Rangers can be deemed as mildly racist I agree. But Rangers fans booing Irish players can be deemed as intentionally racist.

The Rangers fans were booing them because of where they were FROM. The Irish (Celtic) fans that were booing the Rangers players at Landsdowne because they are a rival club. There is no excuse for the Rangers fans.

Thats bollox, such a lame excuse and again an apparent bias towards anything United.

Irish football fans booed Rangers players who played on opposition International teams purely because they played for the Rangers, of which the intense rivarly between the two clubs is so because of the catholic and protestent aspects of it. The reason Rangers supporters were geering Keane and O'Shea is because they are Irish and Catholic. Pretty mush the exact same thing in my opinion and should not happen. Sectarianism is for the Policticians and Soccer is for the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The catholic-v-Protestant is gone from the old firm now, it is now just pure rivalry. Do you think the people in Lansdowne Road were thinking that the players are playing for a Protestant club (there are plenty of Protestant clubs), they were booing because the players play for a rival club. Of course the rivalry dates back to the times when Catholics couldn't play for Rangers but that is all gone now but the rivalry is still ther. If it was 20 years ago you could have said that it was sectarianism but not any more.

I don't think the Rangers fans would have booed O'Shea (they maybe would have still booed Keane) if nothing had gone on in Lansdowne. It was just revenge by the Rangers supporters against the Irish-Celtic supporters.

Thats bollox, such a lame excuse and again an apparent bias towards anything United.

Irish football fans booed Rangers players who played on opposition International teams purely because they played for the Rangers, of which the intense rivarly between the two clubs is so because of the catholic and protestent aspects of it. The reason Rangers supporters were geering Keane and O'Shea is because they are Irish and Catholic. Pretty mush the exact same thing in my opinion and should not happen. Sectarianism is for the Policticians and Soccer is for the fans.
    It has nothing to do with Man Utd. If they were booing Duff or Robbie Keane I would be just as annoyed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement