Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up Hurling

Options
  • 19-10-2003 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'm thining of taking up Hurling next season, has anyone any advice fitness or skills wise that would make things easier that I should start doing now. I'm 16 now and its more or less my first time going for a team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

do you puck around a sliothar in your spare time?

anytime you spend just working on the basics is a big help.

everything else is just people's own style.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

have u played on school teams because if u havent it might be easier to pick up football. But if u want hurling advice get a few of ur mates to puck around with u for a bit somewhere and start doing some running to get up ur stamina better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Gearoid

Well I have played a bit in rimary but I doubt thats relevant at this stage, skills wise I can handle a hurley and sliotar better than a football though maybe if I played more football I'd get better, I dunno.... Thanks for the tips.

Advertisement