Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Tax and equality

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

A you presume you pay more then i do. And as i said the amenities in my area make a profit, therefore in the new world order logic, those services would still be supplied.

Just arguing Devils Advocate here, no need for you people to be getting so abusive btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Boston
    If by troll you mean i was trying to provoke a response, then yep. ITs clear that all these suggestions of mine and hyperbole, and to the extreme, no person of should mind believes in this level of cpaitalism, the point was though that we are approaching this level rapidly. No longer is there a sense of community, with the constant moving of people in ireland today nobody feels connected anymore to there area.
    No longer is it whats best for the community, buts its whats best for me.
    Couldn't agree more. More money has always bred more greed and the Irish people, with our new wealth are no exception. I'm confused as to why you make your point, complaining about narcissism, by wholeheartedly recommending a narcissistic solution.
    i mean ffs these people are at least standing up for something, maybe you don't support it but at least have respect for someone who is willing to make a stand.
    Any monkey can stand up for what he believes in. I for one question many of their motives. It's back with the whole "Doing it for themselves" theme again. I don't believe for one second that most protestors are complaining about any kind of double taxation or governmental screwing. Most are just looking after their own pockets imo. Any time you introduce charges, there are going to be a hardcore of people who have a million reasons why they shouldn't have to pay these charges, when in the end, all they're trying to do is avoid paying. They have no higher motives than looking after their own pennies.

My 2c.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Boston
    A you presume you pay more then i do. And as i said the amenities in my area make a profit, therefore in the new world order logic, those services would still be supplied.

Just arguing Devils Advocate here, no need for you people to be getting so abusive btw.

What happens if ever one lived in your area, (we'd be so lucky) and some people in this area were too poor to pay for the profit making services?

Again, what you’re saying is fuck the poor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by seamus
    Couldn't agree more. More money has always bred more greed and the Irish people, with our new wealth are no exception. I'm confused as to why you make your point, complaining about narcissism, by wholeheartedly recommending a narcissistic solution.

Any monkey can stand up for what he believes in. I for one question many of their motives. It's back with the whole "Doing it for themselves" theme again. I don't believe for one second that most protestors are complaining about any kind of double taxation or governmental screwing. Most are just looking after their own pockets imo. Any time you introduce charges, there are going to be a hardcore of people who have a million reasons why they shouldn't have to pay these charges, when in the end, all they're trying to do is avoid paying. They have no higher motives than looking after their own pennies.

My 2c.

Hmm i'd go as far to say that most people protesting against bin charges are exempt from bin charges anyway, afaik if you have a medical your exempt from these things, for my local authority anyway. This is a far more complex issue then you give it credit for, i'm reminded of when my area rejected the threaty of nice, everyone was making wild guesses as to why it happened, when the truth was it was just people pissed off with th goverment, no body i know has a problem with reclying, no body i know how a problem with paying for a better waste system, problem arises in when where asked to blindly believe this is the best way to achieve it, i mean i read in another thread here some pretty compellign arguemnt that all the waste (or the majority) is still being landfilled, even the stuff thats ment to be reclyed. People refuse to pay these charges without accountability, because where does it end. Fine example is paying a hundread euro a year to the goverment to park your car outside your door, what exactly is this charge for? is your car any less likely to be robbed? do you now get priority over that space, i think not.

As to why i'm makign the arguement in the way i am, well i thought it might provoke abite of debate by taking the opposing side, instead of the usually trench warefare type mud slinging that passes as decorum around here,

Advertisement