Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pc stutters in games

• 19-10-2003 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

i have a p4 3 ghz 512 mb ddr ram and a 64mb gf4 ti4200
    and in alot of games my pc stutters every few seconds even though im get a constant good fps
    for example 70 - 100 fps in bf1942 but awful stuttering
    when it stutters i hear a clicking noise from the sound
    so im thinking maybe its my sound card i only have an old soundblaster 128

i took out my sb128 and tried onboard sound and that seemed to improve it a bit in some games but its still there in others

so is it likely that its my sound thats causing my problem or do i have to start looking into something else

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

What mobo do you have?
    Have you installed latest det drivers?
    Have you tried playing with no sound? (disabled in game setup)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that 64mb gf4 is what's wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i have a msi 845pe max
    im using dets version 43.45 because i heard they work good with the gf4
    i tried disabling sound but that didnt work but i just noticed my hdd does seem to be fairly active during play using the page file i guess would 512 mb be considered too little to run bf smooth?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Your pagefile should be a gig at least. It should be 2.3 times your ram. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Make sure you have your AGP port at max speed. Check fastwrite is enabled in the bios. Onboard sound is most likely better than your soundblaster 128 (throw it away :)) Defrag hard drive, install new drivers.

Also try reducing texture quality, quality in general. Turn off Anisotropic filtering and antaliasing.

Best solution get a better graphics card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

reinstall directX for the crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well thanks for all the advice i tried everything and in the end i just had to reinstall windows and that fixed it :confused:

Advertisement