Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA-Do you play yoreself?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Played ( well a sub after all the training) in every grade bar senior, more positions than the Karma Sutra!. In my last game in a junior match, I scored a wonderful point from out on the wing, great send off. College kept me away from then and I suipported both club and county regularly until the last few year's when the travelling became too much. Great times though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Played county at U16 and Minor, played all levels at club but was forced out of GAA due to "parish rule" in Mayo. Have not played in 6 years

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by yop
    Played county at U16 and Minor, played all levels at club but was forced out of GAA due to "parish rule" in Mayo. Have not played in 6 years
    Thats crap. It isn't really a problem in Cavan to be honest. There are a number of players from my team that are from Monaghan and play here because we are so close to Monaghan (so thats what the smell is ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

I play hurling for club and County Monaghan, Love the sport

Played U-14 club 'Latton' U-14 won all-ireland 'C' Feile na gael
    Played U-16 for county monaghan 2002 won all-ireland 'C' group

Just back trainin this year for county hoping to do all-ireland again 'C'.

Ive been playing with county since 14 and since 15 up to U-21 level and club I play senior level.

I love the sport and without it would be lost. Aint a big fan of the football though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

used to play minor then made jump to u-21 last summer but club was going to bits, no players week in week out and training was usually 4 teams training on the same night but had a total of about 30 players altogether(i trained very week regardless) who used to train. when i started to get dropped for people who turned up once in a blue moon i left!! now the club is in real trouble with players, finances and inside politics and organisation!!

went and played soccer then and the differance in the way things are done is unbelieveable. better organisation, better training(turnout and workout) and if you don't trian you don't play. oculd never see myself going back to GAA again not worth bustin my balls for!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

I played in mid field in football wit me club and we got to the u12 county final but lost. After that i stuck to hurling. I recently started playin football again at the age of 19. Im finding it hard to get back in. the game has changed a lot since i played it last. Any1 experence the same?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Iri$hKeLt
    I play hurling for club and County Monaghan, Love the sport

Played U-14 club 'Latton' U-14 won all-ireland 'C' Feile na gael
    Played U-16 for county monaghan 2002 won all-ireland 'C' group

Just back trainin this year for county hoping to do all-ireland again 'C'.

Ive been playing with county since 14 and since 15 up to U-21 level and club I play senior level.

I love the sport and without it would be lost. Aint a big fan of the football though.
    I live just down the road from ya. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Originally posted by gudpony
    I played in mid field in football wit me club and we got to the u12 county final but lost. After that i stuck to hurling. I recently started playin football again at the age of 19. Im finding it hard to get back in. the game has changed a lot since i played it last. Any1 experence the same?

yup very hard to get backinto it but I dont think the game has changed too much at the lower levels. tatics may have changed a little but its still ball... Honestly I think the key to being a decent mid level team is sharp passing, tracking your player and the ability to take most of your scoring chances.

Do the simple things and all that eh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Tis funny really, I've never player or even been all that interested in playing. I've moved to England a few months ago and now I'm after joining a team and am getting involved in pre-season training:D

Advertisement