Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go and not to go.

Options
  • 19-10-2003 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Friends of mine are off to Belfast for the long weekend for a shopping spree and have not been north of the boarder before.

They had been asking me where's friendly enough and wehre not to go but as it is at least 3 year from the last time I was up that way I dont want to steer them wrong.

So could you lot name a few decent pubs and restraunts so that I coudl pass the info on to them

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Hi…

Restaurants:
    Benedict’s – excellent place for eating at a good price.
    Roscoff – Paul Rankin owns this place. Dear but good.

The Odyssey might be the best place to go for all in one (eat and go clubbing) night out, but it is dear place to eat and go clubbing. Would need to go early to avoid the queues.

Nightlife: It really depends on what type of music your friends are interested in.
    Rock/Metal:
    The Limelight - It literality rocks. Rock music – new and old. Probably the best place for rock music in the north.
    Auntie Annies - Similar to the Limelight, but on a Saturday night, as far as I can remember the music is rock and brit rock (Oasis etc).
    The Venue - head bangers gothic style. Weird place with weird people… Leather and whips etc. But don’t let that put them off.
    The rest:
    The Bot (Botanic inn)- Chart hits, Rock and Pop type of place. the best of the rest.
    Bar Seven (@Odyssey ) - 70’s and 80’s music disco.
    Bambu Beach Club (@Odyssey ) - a nightclub with the usual type of music.
    Milk – nightclub, 7 english pounds to get in at the weekend.

here is a good link - maps etc.

Hope that helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

If there goin for shopping and fun, just steer them clear of the falls and shankill roads. Plus west belfast. :p .

Just tell them to walk round the city center, its safe........during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

*Adopts guise of mysterious old local man standing in pub*

Don't go near the moors after dark!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

thank you ,

and I shant be sending them to the Venue
    not thier type of a place at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I think you mean paul;

"GET OFF MY MOOR YE MISCHEVIOUS WE-ANS!"

(From the old farmer in the "SHINNIN" from the simpsons halloween episode")

Me chuckles at your 'guise' taking. I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

its a gay bar btw, Johnny is there something you should be telling us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by thomasmckinless

its a gay bar btw, Johnny is there something you should be telling us?

I know, but only on sundays, mondays, tuesdays, wednedsays, thursdays, fridays and saturdays :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    I know, but only on sundays, mondays, tuesdays, wednedsays, thursdays, fridays and saturdays :rolleyes:

OWNED!!

Advertisement