Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSN Messenger Problems

Options
  • 19-10-2003 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

I am not able to sign in with MSN Messenger at the moment? It blames my Internet Connection for not being able to sign-in. Its very annoying. I was just wondering is it just me or are others having this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

make sure your Internet browser isn't set to work offline that sometimes happens to me.

if it's not that it might be some firewall problem

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Do you have Norton Personal Firewall running ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

That's odd, someone I know had the same error message earlier, it might be a glitch in the matrix...watch your back.

Erm, it might be anti-microsoft ware on your machine or I could be talking tosh, run spybot and anti-virus software. Tell use if u find what was wrong, when u get it working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

yeh sounds like Norton Personal Firewall has blocked MSN from connecting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

My mate was telling me the same thing yesterday, afaik he don't have any firewall running or anything.
    Maybe its something there side.. I am able to sign in grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

msn has now blocked all 3rd party clients (trillian, gaim).
    either get em patched up or download the messenger client

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by talla
    yeh sounds like Norton Personal Firewall has blocked MSN from connecting.

Yep that was the prob. I uninstalled Norton Personal Firewall and i'm fine again. Thanks. :D

Advertisement