Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ps2 Vcd???

• 20-10-2003 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Is there any way that PS2's can play VCD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

no, simple as that. divx is possible but not vcd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    no, simple as that. divx is possible but not vcd.

DivX's are possible on PS2's? Could ya explain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

Can you transfer VCD to divx

there is a homebrew media player for th ps2 called reality media player. to boot it you either have to have the console chipped or use the swapdisc/flip lid method. it lets you play mp3, ogg and most video that conforms to the mpeg4 (as long as its in avi format) standard.

Originally posted by ohandels
    Can you transfer VCD to divx

thats not a vcd anymore then, is it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    there is a homebrew media player for th ps2 called reality media player. to boot it you either have to have the console chipped or use the swapdisc/flip lid method.

I'm sorry, i dont speak gobbledegook.

Could you tell me/us how i might go about "chipping the console" or "using the swapdisc/flip lid method" in a wee bit more detail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

To play divx on a ps2 you need to have either a modded console or a fliptop lid fitted.

A modded console involves the installation of a mod chip into your ps2 (voids warranty). This allows you to play backed up cdr / dvdr ps2 titles.

A Fliptop lid is available for modding your console without soldering a chip into the board, these are sold in buy and sell as far as I know.

An application then exists written by amateur coders (thus is called homebrew) for playing divx on a ps2. I *think* there is some additional work required and it is not as easy as popping in a divx cdr , I think you need to reburn it for the ps2 specifically (a lot of hassle non?)

Answer = mod your xbox, it is truly a decent home entertainment device for divx / xvid / vcd / dvd / mp3 playback

Advertisement