Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signature quirey?

• 30-10-2000 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all.

Everytime I send a mail to someone the service providers http address always appears at the end of the mail, most peolpe mail me back and ask me, are you working for esat? eemmm thank god I am not, but this is very annoying and I was wondering would anybody be able to help me get rid of this hindrance.

p.s I have been into 'my settings' and cant seem to find anything to fix it

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

In the majority of cases these signatures are added by the pop server itself before the mail is sent.
    I can't think of any way of turning it off from the users point of view.
    however if it really annoys you just add your own signature using whatever software you use and put "Ignore ESAT ramble below" smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

EsatClear adds a signature with the company's URL at the bottom if you check your mail on the web through their webmail service. Just set up a standard email client instead and you'll be grand. Probably best to fill in the "Organisation" field in your settings in the email client program too or Esat Clear will probably stick themselves there too...

bard2.gif

Advertisement